Habeas Corpus

The next days I made sure to wear long sleeves shirts. Not that anyone would care that I have scars on my arm.

Time past fast. School has been dreadful. Tests, no friends and no Evan.
Thankfully, Yumi still talks to me. I'm too afraid to look Evan in the eye.
I don't want him to be kind to me. I hurt him.

During lunch, I often walk around. Or sit on my phone. At least no one sees me not eating.
"No one to save you now."

I went to the bathroom and glanced in the mirror. I was a mess. A fat mess.
I nearly ran out of the bathroom. Running from my reflection.

"Hey!" I heard someone say behind me.
I recognised his popular boy voice.
I turned to face Logan, I smiled.
"Hey."
"Long time no see." He smiled.
"Yeah I guess it has been long."
He seemed shy.
"Uhm so how are you?" He asked.
No one really asks me that anymore. Then again, it's not like I answer truly.
"I'm good. How are you?"
"Great."
He tightened his grip on his backpack which was hanging on his right shoulder.
"I was wondering." He started saying.
"My brother is giving another party tonight, I'm really dreading it, but if you came it'd be a lot better." He smirked.

My lips curled in a smile.
"I'm not sure. I don't really have a ride and won't it be kind of awkward if I came?"
"I can pick you up. And no it'd be fun, I guarantee it."

I hesitated. "Just go, might be your chance to get on with dream boy."

"Okay, sure."
Logan smiled. "Great! I'll pick you up around 8."
I slightly rolled my eyes and said: "See you later."
"Wait, maybe it's a good idea if I give you my number. In case something happens."

"Smooth."
"Yeah okay." I handed him my phone and he typed his number in a new contact.
Am I actually getting his number right now? What the hell Amy.

"Just send me a text so I have your number too, Kay?"
"Deal, see ya."

Logan's POV
"Rick get that keg away from the speakers."
"Sure, thing lil bro."
"Idiot."

After school I helped Rick with preparations for the party.
Our parents decided to go away for the weekend, they couldn't bear to see their house in shambles of drunk teenagers.

Rick's friends arrived early to set up the sound system. I glanced at the clock. I better get ready to pick up Amy.

I got out a nice shirt and over-sprayed my cologne. 
"Where you heading off to?" Rick asked as I grabbed the car keys. "Just gonna pick up someone."
I heard him laugh. "Jerk."

I barely noticed I was driving more than the speed limit allowed. I kept thinking of Amy.
Her recognisable simplistic house came in view.

I honked once and then headed towards her front door.
Her small posture skipped towards the door.

"Hi." She smiled, slightly out of breath from the rush she had to hurry.
"Hi." I said.
Her face looked soft and smooth, her eyes were filled with colour, she wore some makeup, but not a lot.
Naturally, she was beautiful.
Her arms were covered with a black dress down to her knees. Still, her body was small and skinny.
"You look really nice." I managed to get out, while helping her into the car.
She smiled, but had looked with disbelief at my compliment. She tried to hide it, nonetheless I knew she wouldn't believe me.

We talked about some things in the car. We seemed like friends, but flirty.
The amount of people at the party had increased a lot.
Amy seemed nervous, maybe intimated.
"Don't worry, I'll be with you. Just loosen up." I winked.
She nodded.

My brother walked towards us.
"You're back lil bro, about time."
Somehow, he was capable of smelling like an entire bar within 2 hours.
"This your girlfriend?" Looking at Amy.
I didn't like the way he was looking, I shoved him away.
"Sod off, Rick."