Doomsday

I woke up with a strange feeling weighing on my mind.
No matter what supernatural force decides to interfere, I still have to go Sri school. I walked downstairs.

"Morning mom"
"Hi honey, did you sleep well?"
"No I kept tossing and turning, I don't know why."
"Ah well have a good day at school Amy."
"Thanks mom."

I took the bike to school, but my mind had completely wandered off. I didn't even notice I already arrived at school.
Although the parking lot full of new-teen drivers with their fancy birthday cars, is kind of hard to miss. I know.

I walked to my locker and got my history books out, I dread the subject, it isn't all that interesting.
Walking to the back of the classroom, I sat myself down near the window.
Best seat in the house, everyone else's lives always look so much more interesting compared to me. I look like some weird lost creature, going through puberty that is. At least with some good eyeliner.

Next to me is an empty seat, yeah meet Rose Pilkington, my best friend who has been sick for four days and leaving me all alone.
My social status goes way below the equator without Rose, even though together we still don't have much of a status but that's okay. Solidarity sister, am I right?

In the breaks, I don't know what to do with myself. I mostly just end up going on Instagram or weheartit or I read a book for 30 minutes.

After history I headed to math. Now I wouldn't say I'm a nerd but I don't slack off, my grades are mostly B's and a few A's. At least I can say you won't see me drinking or smoking I really hate that stuff, Rose thank god thinks the same. However we both have no clue about our future what so ever, seriously though how unfair is it that teenagers have to decide what to do in the future when they're only freaking 16!?

You can't except that from Teens nowadays, especially boys. Gaming is all the rage.
I mean now almost half of the boys in my class want to work in game design right, (seriously what's up with that) but how about in ten years probably everyone wants to do that and then you have too many game designers so you end up on a shabby couch with nothing to do.
Well that's what I'm afraid of anyway.

And HELLO, how about we focus on the real world instead of a virtual one.

Halfway through math my school's guidance counselor miss Mary walks in. " hi is Amy Adams here?"
I felt my heart skip a beat. I walked out of the classroom with 30 pairs of eyes on me. Never have I ever been asked to see the guidance counsellor, I've never been called out of class....
What is this about?

I was walking behind miss Mary, following her to her small guidance office to talk I guess.
She opened the door and led me in, I sat down on her little lounge chair and she sat at her desk. I awkwardly looked around her office.
She's one of those perky-make a change- teacher, who has daisies and polka dot pencil cases on her desk.

It took a long time before she started talking.
" Amy listen, something terrible has happened. That's why I called you out because I wanted to talk to you and see if you maybe knew more?"
I just let miss Mary talk but gave her a quick nod, so she continued.
"I'm so sorry dear, but I'm afraid Rose... She passed away, she committed suicide.

Just like that my brain shut down. I couldn't hear miss Mary's words anymore it was just me, surrounded by nothing but darkness. And polkadots.
"Shit."
How... Why... Rose? how could you leave me. My brain was stammering for words.
Suicide? Did she really say suicide? Must be a mistake..
What kind of misery did you have that I, in my ignorance did not notice.
I would've helped you Rose....
I stood up with tears in my eyes and excused myself, I half ran out of miss Mary's office. With my bag on my shoulder I just walked out of the school got on my bike and cycled home.

God, I'm so stupid, I thought Rose was fine. I should've called her or stopped by.

I wanted to cycle home but I ended up in front of Rose's house.
The atmosphere, it felt heavy. Like the house was surrounded by fog.

I couldn't go inside, my hands were shaking.
Someone grabbed my shoulder.
"Rose?"
I wanted it to be Rose, but it was mom.
"Amy, honey, are you okay? We just heard..."
She pulled me into her arms.