Laith

My mom informed me that a young man named Laith and his family were coming to see me and his parents were very excited for this meeting. So of course I was also very excited as well, thinking InshAllah this is the one Allah has planned for me.

We had not yet had a meeting at our house because it was under renovations, so it was a new experience. All day my mom and I were getting the house ready and making some sweets for our guests. At around 6 PM they arrived.

We first had a meeting with my mom, Laith's mom and me. She interviewed to know me further than what she already knew from my mother, and she seemed happy with my answers. So I passed the first test. Then we invited my father, Laith's father, and Laith. I noticed that during the whole meeting Laith was just on his phone and seemed very irritated the whole time. He didn't once look at me or even try to join in the conversation. He was clearly not interested.

When they left I told my parents that I had no interest in him and he made it very clear he had no interest in me. They also agreed that he didn't seem to be very interested in the meeting, so after a week we called the family and told them that we kindly reject their offer.

Laith may not have been ready for marriage, or he simply didn't see me as the one he wanted to share the rest of his life with. Either way Alhamdulillah, I wouldn't want to force him to be in a relationship that he clearly doesn't want. He was not the one for me and I was okay with that because he is not who Allah has intended for me and I simply have to accept that.