Sami

A while back I had mentioned to my mom that I took an interest in a man named Sami that I saw at the masjid all the time. We had actually known their family for a long time but I never noticed Sami until recently. My mom mentioned it to my dad a few days ago and my dad is bringing it up a lot. Perhaps it is so I can forget about Ahmed and move on to someone who already has a job and lives only 2 minutes away.
So I agreed to my dad talking to Sami. So the next day my dad and uncle went over to Sami's house and asked him what he thought of marriage or getting married himself. He replied saying he can't afford a wife yet and he still wants to travel before getting married. So my dad and uncle didn't mention that I was interested. Soon after though Sami's dad called saying he was not exactly telling the truth rather he had a bad history with a woman before.
Sami was engaged before and he loved her dearly but the day before the Nikah she called it off and never talked to him again. He has resented woman from that day on and marriage to him is the last thing he wants.
So sadly Sami was ruled out but Alhamdulillah that meant there was more chance for Ahmed! InshAllah! And Although this news was upsetting I could get over it easily because I knew very little about him.