Friends

We pull up at the house and she put her hand over my chest before I get out.
"Who was that chick in Chris' bed?" She ask.
"Take a wild guess" I say with a straight face.
"Omg no way!" She laughed. I nod.
"That's Monica from the soccer game that you fought with!" She says. I freeze.
"No! That's his best friend Judelle?" I said looking at her like wtf?
"Huh? Ohhhh...naw wait.." She says scratching her head.
"Forget it Tash" I shake my head and get out.
"But wait that's why you left?" She asks running up to me. I nod and she shakes her head.
"Can't trust the best friends" she air quotes "best friends" and I laugh.
"Whutt?" I shake my head.
"Hmm"
"I know you've changed though after that scene with snook" I smiled.
"Whutt? Not true!" She stops. I open the door and slump down on the chair.
"Ok whatever you say" I laugh.
"Hmm let's go to that block party down by Skeleton Alley"
"When?"
"Tonight" she folds her arms.
"What about Garfield?" I say undoing my laces.
"Joe and he's not coming by tonight he's working late then going home"
"Right" I say opening my eyes wide and pinning my lips.
"Whatever you down or not?"
"Yah we'll leave at 8" I say going to my room.
"I'll text shaks" she says.

I go to my room and look for an outfit for tonight then join Tasha in the kitchen for something to munch on.
"Ummm B how's your dad?" I pause.
"I dunno" I say getting the milk from the fridge for the Mac and Cheese.
"Haven't you visited him?"
"What for?" I say backing her.
"To see him.. I'm sure he wants to see you"
"What would you know huh? Did you go see him?" I said turning around.
"No but you shoul-"
"Drop it" I say cutting her off. She raised her hands in a surrender gesture.

At 7:22 we hear a knock at the door and I answer in my boxer and top.
"Dang Becky you still stealing my boxers?" It's shaks. I shake my head and go back to getting ready.
"Tasha's bathing so-"
I turn and Shaks is like two seconds away from smothering my lips.
"Ehem!" Tasha says while I step back and go to my room. I hear them outside talking.
"I knew you still liked her"
"I do not"

I shake my head and get dressed.
We leave and arrive at the party. We walk in together and start dancing. Me and Tash starts singing along,
I just wanna look good for yuh good for yuh..uh uh

I feel hands hug my waist as I swing my hips from side to side. It's shaks. He pulls me closer and and rests his chin on my shoulder and sways with me to la Gomez.

At 10 the party gets more crowded and shaks disappears for a while. He comes back and sits beside me smiling big.
"What's your ish?" I say
"Nun"
"Then why you flashing all 36?" He laughs.
"You'll see" I squint and take a mouth full of my soda. Then I hear..
We're having a special performance by none other than Becky!
I freeze and shaks claps really hard.
"Whutt?" I say
"Your first gig" I turn and see Tasha applauding as well. Hmmm.

I go on stage and the crowd stops dancing waiting for me to start. The band drops a beat and I bop. Then I freestyle and the crowd goes crazy!

I take they fame they cars they money and they hoes yo, y'all call em' haters but I call em' fans doa. They by corners peeping and preeing like paparazzi, I ain't no Jay-Z, Queen B, Katy Perry I'm just me....Becky!

I smile and laugh as the crowd jump up and down. I see shaks smiling and Tasha jumping up and down.
"Call me" a dude in suit and tie gave me a card.

Daniel's Record Producing. (DRP).

I smile. Shaks really came thruu for me.