Test

Becky's POV:
I got the call 2 weeks later to work at the daycare so I start today.
"Shaks I put Allie's toys in the closet out of the way"
"Okay" he says while feeding her on the floor in the front watching Spongebob.
"I'll see you two later" I bend down and kiss them both then leave.

Shaks' POV:
I'm feeding Allie when I get a text.

Elmo: we bouta hit Z's crib you in?
Me: are you crazy? If he finds out who did it he'll kill you bruh..
Elmo: are you in or not?
Me: definitely no..
Seen 8:22 am

They're going overboard now. Z isn't someone I wanna be playing around with he does some fucked up shit.

"Hello?"
"Yo shaks you got the text?"
"Yh but I'm out"
"This is a big job we need you"
"Snook are you mad? Do you know who's Z?"
"Stop being a bitch dawg he ain't bad"
"Do what you gotta do I'm not going" I hang up and put Allie to bed.

Snook says he's trying to turn his life around but whenever talk includes Gs he's onboard. I'm not leaving my daughter to go rob someone who can find me quicker than I can blink.

Snook's POV:
"Naw he ain't coming"
"Shit we need him"
"Call up yo cousin and let's go"

Elmo's the gang leader but without shaks he ain't shit. Shaks is sweet and all but he was slick af. I call up my cousin and he's onboard. We drive by and pick him up and we're on our way.
"You sure you wanna do this?" Tim asks as I get out the jeep.
"Wym..?" I ask putting on my gloves.
"Man you just got out and you just got back that girl-" I cut him off
"I need to provide for that girl and few 2Gs a week ain't quite helping so I need to do this..." I slap his chest and roll out.

Besides, Tasha says she's not ready for a relationship so technically...I ain't got no girl...but he does and a child...

Shaks' POV:
I bathe and go to Allie's room to check on her. She's still sleeping. I look at my phone then put it back on the nightstand and go to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

"Ok daddy's coming" I take Allie out of the crib and return to the kitchen with her on my hip. I finish up the food at 4:31pm and prepare Allie's bath.
"Close your eyes for daddy" I say and she splashes in the water. I wash her face and rinse her off.
"Who's fresh? Allie's fresh" I sing and she smiles.
"Looks like you're growing teeth already" I say looking at her teeth coming up at the bottom.

I get Allie dressed and take her outside on the porch for fresh air and to feed her.

20 minutes later as I lay her on my chest a d burp her Becky pulls up.

Becky's POV:
I get out and walk up the pathway to the see Allie on shaks' chest as he taps her back and rocks her.
"Hi babe" I lean in and kiss him and Allie rises up.
"Eeeee Duh Duh" she mumbles as she reaches for me.
"I missed you too princess" I smile and swoop her up and hug her.
"How was your day?" Shaks asks and I land a lot of kisses on Allie's cheek.
"It was good what did y'all do?"
"That's good and nothing much just missed you" he gets up and kissed my lips.

I go inside and sit with Allie on my lap and unbuttoned my shirt.
"Are you hungry?" Shaks asks and I nod.
He goes to the kitchen to take out my food and I play with Allie who's giggling a lot.
"She has teeth!" I say pulling her bottom lip down gently. He laughs and gives me the food.
"Yass she doesss" he swoops her up and spins around while I smile and eat the spaghetti he did.
"Oh babe can you stop by tomorrow at the daycare to discuss sending her there next month or so?" He stops spinning her.
"Umm sure" I can see he doesn't want her to go but she's almost a year and she needs this.
"You okay?" I ask
"Yeah I'm gonna go check on Tasha and Seon"
"Already have, I had to drop off the blanket and her purse she left in my car yesterday" he nod
"How are they?"
"Good she's glowing and Seon is big and running already"
"Good okay" he sits and turns on the TV.
"Babe are you okay?" I ask
"...it's just that I don't feel like I'm much of a father to Seon and a good boyfriend to you..."
"Whutt do you mean?" I ask resting down the plate.
"I hardly check up on Seon and...." He hesitates
"And whutt?"
"And I keep lying to you.."

Sigh
"Whutt exactly are you lying about?"
"..okay I was working in construction but it wasn't providing enough to support both you and Tasha so I turned to the streets and now I can't stop selling weed and stuff.."

Lemme pin something down. Shaks got caught up in bad company few years back and he got away..but barely, it was like this, they got him to make a dangerous drop and he was promised 8Gs. At that time I was living with shaks and selling in his basement so when he made the drop it was 20Gs short like man! They hunt down shaks and he had to pay them that 20Gs. He had 8 so I gave him my 10 that I had saved to move outta his crib and he hadda borrow the 2 from snook. When he payed them back, they sent like 3 guys to raid his crib and they stole my 15G worth of weed. Man I was pissed tf off but we made a promise to stay away from the streets and start over. I moved in with Chris for 5 months and shaks survived somehow. Up to now I can't quite understand how.

"Just don't get caught up in nun!" I say calmly because getting angry won't help the situation.
"...yah I know"

Shaks' POV:
At 11:38pm my phone starts buzzing off.
"Hello.."
"Shaks have you heard from snook tonight?" It's Tasha.
"Not since this evening why?" I ask sitting up.
"He isn't back yet and I'm really worried"
"Have you called him?"
"Yes but it's just going straight to voicemail" she says and I can tell she's on the verge of crying
"Don't worry he's probably at his cousin's house I'll call him, go and get some rest"
"Ok"

I call his cousin's phone, first the landline that gives no reply then the cell.
"Hello?"
"Tim it's shaks have you heard from snook-"
"I'm at the hospital he's been shot and he's hurt really bad!" He's panicking.
"OK I'm on my way"

I hang up and grab Becky's keys and put on a sweat pants and my hoodie.
I leave a note for Becky and head out the door...