Chapter Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen.

TABBITHA.

            You wouldn’t think that a room of all white could give you a headache, but it can and it has. I have been sitting in this isolated room by myself for over four hours. The fox lady brought me here, and made me sit in this chair in the center of this small, white room. There are two mirrors, one in front of me and one behind me. I’m sure that they are doors.

            I came into this building blind folded, the little sneak made me tie it over my eyes before we left my shop. We had driven for over an hour to get to this place, and here I am. What’s their plan?

            Keep me isolated in this room until I go crazy? Maybe they suspect I will get so bored that I will go mad. They probably hope that I leap from this very chair and run repeatedly into these stupid walls, bashing my brains out. Nah, that wouldn’t help them any.

            I can’t speak if I’m brainless.

            Maybe they can see me through the mirrors.

            Every crime investigation show tells me that they can see me through those mirrors, but I can’t see them. Does that mean that they can hear me, too?

            I start to sing, a plan formulating in my head.

            “The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round…”

            Maybe a little louder…

            “Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb!” I take a large gulp of air. “Mary had a little lamb, its fleece as white as snow…”

            Hmm, no reaction from the mystery people.

            How about this one?

            “This is the song that never ends!” I belch as loud as I can. “It goes on and on my friends! Some people… started singing it not knowing what it was, and they’ll continue singing it forever just because!”

            I go on and on, singing the chorus over and over until it is like a mantra that I cannot stop even if I wanted to.

            I faintly hear the sound of crackling from above me; I slightly look up to see speakers in the ceiling that I had never noticed until now.

            I keep singing.

            “Tabbitha.” A male voice says.

            I sing louder.

            “Tabbitha!” The voice is aggravated.

            Good.

            Louder.

            “Stop it, this instant!” The voice booms.

            “Why should I?” I scream, my voice cracking from over use.

            “If you do not stop this instant, there will be dire consequences.”  The voice replies, sternly.

            I mentally check myself. Dire consequences… Like keeping me locked up in this God forsaken room? What’s the worst they can do?

            Bring it!

            “Some people started singing it! Not knowing what it was…” I pause, and take a breath. “And they’ll continue singing it forever just because…” I dramatically continue. “This is the song…”