Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

We get to Vendri about an hour later. I’m wearing a flashy little number – much to my dismay. I had originally wanted to just wear my casual black dress, but Tabby wouldn’t have it. She practically begged me to wear this emerald green, super short skirt – with a black tank top, finished with my favorite black heels. The shoes are the only things that we agreed on. Tabby herself, is wearing a black suede trench coat – that goes to her knees. She wouldn’t show me what she is wearing underneath it – and I’m almost frightened to think about it.

Approaching the bar, I realize Ethan’s not behind it - so much for our foolproof plan. We both sit on stools, and wave the female server down for drinks. I order a fruity beverage, as opposed to the brown liquor I had last time. That stuff kicked in way too fast.

“So what are we going to do?” The panic is settling in as I keep drinking. I thought that alcohol was supposed to do the opposite – make your worries disappear, but I think that I thought wrong. I laugh a little at myself.

Tabby sways and bobs her body around on the stool – dancing to the fast beat of the music. I search the dancing crowd, looking for a certain somebody.

“I’m going to go upstairs into Ross’ office, and have my way with him. You are going to take my cell phone right now, and call Ethan.” She hands me her cell, and I look at her appalled.

“How do you have Ethan’s number?” I ask, taking the phone from her anyways.

“While you’ve been eye stalking every person that slightly resembles Ethan on the dance floor – I’ve been chatting up Sarena, the bar tender. She gave me his number, apparently they’re close friends.” She slyly says. I shake my head in disbelief and put the phone to my ear.

I rush outside as the phone rings – massive butterflies flapping away in my stomach.

“Hello?” A distraught sounding Ethan answers, and I can just imagine him half asleep, and his cute – dopey face.

“Uh, hi! This is Evaline.” I awkwardly reply. If he was sleeping – I hope he’s not upset with me.

“Oh…what a lovely surprise.” He genuinely says. “What are you up to?”

What am I up to? Oh, you know… Just searching for you.

It’s not like I can tell him this! Shit, Evaline – think!

“Ev? You still there?”

“Uh, yeah… sorry. I’m just at a bar downtown with my friend. But I’m going to call it a night soon, was just wondering if you wanted to meet for coffee?” I sound pathetic; I just know it.

“Well, I’m kind of groggy at the moment – and I’m not too big on caffeine.” Shit! What now? “But if you want to come by my place, we can just hang out here.”

His place.

I’ve never been in this situation before, but this is what I wanted – isn’t it? I want to be with Ethan in every way possible…

“Sure, that sounds good. Where do you live?” I ask, my voice a little too eager for my liking.

“Twenty-two Fernstone Drive, apartment four. Just ring the buzzer when you’re here and I’ll let you up.”

“Alright, I will see you in twenty or so.” I start to pull the phone away from my ear when I hear his voice again.

“I look forward to it.” He says, and his voice holds so much sincerity – I smile. “Hopefully we can start where we left off…” I throw my hand to my mouth, almost gasping out loud.