Chapter 24

I smiled as I saw Rikert the next day before school. We were in the locker room for the band students' instruments. It was a medium sized room with a grey, metal door. There weren't any windows and people hardly ever went in there at this time. It made it a perfect place for Rikert and me to spend a few minutes together.

"Did you make it home okay last night?" I asked as Rikert shut the door.

He didn't say anything and stalked up to me. The smile slipped from my face as I saw how determined Rikert was. He pushed me into the locked behind me. The handle for one of them was stabbing me in the back uncomfortably. I shifted to try and relieve the pain, but just as quickly Rikert locked his lips with mine.

He was kissing me so fervently that I almost saw stars as I squeezed my eyes tightly shut. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he brushed his tongue against the roof of my mouth. I gasped when he bit my lip, opening my mouth wider for him. Rikert's hands alternated between lightly caressing my sides underneath my shirt and then tightly pinching at my skin.

Rikert released my lips from the unexpected attack. His moved down and started kissing and sucking on the flesh of my neck. I gasped for air, trying to fight how amazing it felt to have his lips on my sensitive skin. The last thing I needed was to get a hard-on before school. We already weren't supposed to be doing this. And if anybody found out about it, I would be mortified.

"What's going on?" I breathed as Rikert's movements slowed.

Rikert backed off a little and I saw cut and a bruise on the side of his face. They were definitely new because I knew for a fact they were not there yesterday. My brows instantly crumpled together in confusion.

"Nothing, just missed you," he told me.

I stared into his green eyes. They looked so honest that I just wanted to believe him. But I couldn't. Because he had clearly gotten hit or tripped or something. It didn't even matter what it was, he was still hurt. And I hated to see that, even if he was big and strong enough to handle himself. I loved him and I didn't want to see him getting hurt.

I reached my hand up towards his cheek. "But your face," I said.

Rikert grabbed my wrist with his hand. "That's nothing." He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against mine. I glanced at the floor. "I'm glad I've got you."

"What happened to you?" I asked, not wanting to let it go yet. I was worried about him.

Rikert moved back and narrowed his eyes at me. "What did I just tell you?"

I blinked at him. "You're hurt, though," I insisted. "I want to know--"

"Stop it," Rikert ordered. His eyes glittered harshly and I quickly shut my mouth. His hand tightened around my wrist and I tried to pull away to no avail. "Stay out of my business unless you're told otherwise. You need to start listening for once."

My heart rate picked up. I was beginning to grow familiar with that feeling. "Okay," I whispered.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you," Rikert demanded.

His voice sounded tense. I could imagine he was holding back his anger and I couldn't blame him. I was such an idiot for being rude and not doing as he said. If I wasn't more careful, I might lose him. And that would be devastating.

I looked up into his eyes and I wanted to cry from frustration and embarrassment.

"Now stop asking questions."

I nodded. Rikert leaned in and kissed me again. It was another heated kiss, with his tongue in my mouth until I thought I would pass out from lack of air. My mind was muddled and I couldn't think of anything other than the feel of his body against mind.