Chapter 13

I was sitting on the curb outside the school when Kieran finally drove up. I sighed and got to my feet. I opened the door to his car and hopped in. I buckled up as Kieran started to drive again.

“So, how was--”

“I really like Rikert,” I said.

Silence. That’s all I heard for an entire minute. I didn’t dare look away from the window as I waited for him to say something. “Like...what?” he finally asked.

I cleared my throat. The car was just moving steadily down the road. “I said I like Rikert. A lot, maybe?”

“You hardly know him,” Kieran pointed out nicely.

I shook my head slightly. “I know.”

“Did something happen?”

“He started touching me when the teacher left the room. He was all ‘come over here’ and then he pulled me closer and then he kissed me,” I said, seeing the images perfectly in my mind. “He was really nice. Then he was a jerk. And then he was nice again. I’m so confused. I’ve been thinking about him nonstop this last week and then he does that, and, ugh. I just don’t know what to think anymore.”

I had my face dropped down into my hands. I groaned in frustration. Kieran chuckled and tried to comfort me as he drove by rubbing me on the back. I scratched at my hair and sat up straight again.

Kieran went back to driving with both hands. “Did he say anything to you?”

I nodded. “Yeah, he said he really likes me. What is that supposed to mean?”

“It kind of speaks for itself, doesn’t it?” he asked, smirking in amusement.

“But he’s got to be lying. Or joking. Maybe he’s trying to disorient me so he can kill me. He’s probably still mad about when I punched him in the face,” I sighed. “Shit.”

“Or maybe he actually likes you,” Kieran suggested in a voice that made it seem obvious.

“He’s not gay,” I said firmly.

Kieran snorted. “Okay...”

I turned to him right away. “What do you know? Have you been with him?”

Kieran laughed at my reaction. “Jeez, don’t sound so jealous.”

“I’m not!”

“Yeah, I’ve been with him,” Kieran continued. “We had sex a few times. Few times last summer and a couple last year. For the most part, he just really loves when I give him a blowjob, though.”

I stared at my friend, shocked beyond belief. “What the hell.”

“What?” Kieran asked defensively. “I’m good at it, you know. I mean, you don’t know since you won’t let me, but I am. Patrick even admitted that I was good.”

I scrunched my face. “You’re sick. That’s my cousin.” Kieran smiled and shrugged. “When was the last time?”

“Patrick or Rikert?”

“Rikert,” I said.

“Sucking his dick or having sex?”

I winced. He was so vulgar sometimes. “They’re not the same answer?”

“No.”

“Then both!”

Kieran hummed as he thought back. “Sex was the beginning of August. Blowjob was the day before school started. He was stressed and said he needed--”