Peace and Quiet

Marcelines POV

I sat down with Marshall, Finn, Fionna, Indi and bubblegum in my living room, playing quiet music in the background and chatting. Occasionally a catchy song would come on and we'd all sing along, laughing. Gumball was also there. He was being quiet and shyly glancing at Marshall very now and them. Though he had apologised Marshall still didn't trust him.

"OK guys" I stood up and raised the large bottle of coca cola above my head.

The others raised their heads to look at me.

"Since all the drama is finally over" I begin to pour the coke into everyone's glasses "we can all settle down and get on with our lives".

Finn and Fionna begin to cheer, grabbing their glasses and chugging the fizzy drink. We all smile at them.

"Everything's back to normal" bubblegum sighed happily and sipped her coke slowly.

"We're friends with two vampires, nothings normal anymore" finn chirped.

We all laughed and nodded. And made a toast. I sat down next to Marshall and looked around.

Finn and Fionna were were now having a competition to see how fast they could drink coke without it coming out their nose (and onto my damn carpet), schwabl was running between their legs, barking loudly and finn began to laugh, the drink spewing from his nose.

Bubblegum was actually talking to Indi, leaving Gumball sitting awkwardly between them. Being the polite guy he was, he stood and up and made his way slowly towards us. In the background 'in our bedroom after the war' (by star) was playing.

"We won, or we think we did, when you went away, you were just a kid"

He gave us a small smile, locking eyes with Marshall.

"The war is over and we are beginning"

Marshall tilted his head to this side and smirked back. I elbowed him in the ribs and he hissed, getting what I was doing and giving gumball a fake smile. I frowned and punched his arm.

"Ok ok fine" Marshall held put his hand for Gumball to shake "friends?"

Gumball grinned "friends".

Marshall nodded and pulled him into the spot next to him. "Ok but why and how did you form an alliance with Ash?"

Gumball shrugged and guiltily avoided eye contact "he promised me something".

Now I was interested "what?"

"Did he give it to you?" Marshall asked.

Gumball scoffed "no because you killed him".

I chuckled and marshalls expression changed as he processed had just been said.

Another song came on.

"And if you're still, breathing you're the lucky one"

I tapped my foot along with the song

"We are the reckless, we are the wild youth, chasing visions of our future"

I mouth the words of the song

"On day we'll reveal the truth, that one will die before he gets there"

I had zoned out for no longer than a minute when I heard Marshall say "WHAT!? HE PROMISED YOU THAT?" then mutter "if he promised me that, I would've helped him too".

I raised an eyebrow at him and he just shrugged. I leant back on the couch, looking up at the ceiling. Everything was nice and peaceful but I knew that wasn't going to last forever. I just hoped everything would be ok for now.

That was a terrible ending BUT IVE FINALLY FINISHED ASDJFJGIRHWHAHXH sorry for the song references, I was listening to them while writing this lmao

ok, I need to do homework now and then do something for an art competition and then I might start on a new book :O

Its probably gonna be gravity falls but from an AU. So if you know any AUs you want me to write about, just comment one within the next couple of days and I'll probably do it. I was thinking of doing a reunion falls or monster falls one but idk.

Thanks for reading my book, it means a lot to have 23k+ reads and nearly 1K votes :D (I might write a bonus chapter one day)

~ Marcythewolf

(Edited)