Chapter 9: I Give You My Life

-Lucy P.O.V-
It was dark. Where am I again?
Wait, now I remember. I was doing the spell...
and...I kissed him...
"Natsu!" I cried, sitting up. I stared forward, my eyes wide. I glanced around quickly, to realise I was in fairy tail's infirmary. I also realised Erza was staring directly at me, with the exact same expression.
"Lucy?" She asked quietly.
"Y-Yeah?" I muttered, slightly confused.
"Lucy!" She repeated excitedly. "We didn't think you would wake up,"
"W-What? How long have I been asleep?!" I asked worriedly.
"Only a few hours. But we didn't know why you'd collapsed at all, even Wendy couldn't wake you up. So, I guess we didn't like being in the dark, that's all."
"Oh, I see," I replied. "I don't know why I collapsed either. I don't think that happened last time." I swung my legs off the bed and got up.
"Does anything hurt? Are you ok to walk?" Erza asked, reaching her hands out ready to catch me if I fell.
"It's ok, I'm good," I told her. I was about to leave, when I spotted something in the corner of my eye. I turned my head and discovered that it was another occupied bed. I looked at it, then at Erza, as if to ask her who it was.
"Oh, Lucy, I really don't think..." she began.
I walked over to the bed, ignoring her.
"Lucy! Please, don't..." Erza continued. I pulled away the curtain separating me and the bed, then my heart contracted.
"N-Nastu?" I muttered. He was laying silently on the infirmary sheets. His breathing was heavy and his eyes were closed tightly, as if he was tensed.
Erza hurried over to my side.
"D-Did I...?" I whispered. Erza stared at me with pity.
"Lucy, it wasn't your fault-"
"He's dying," I said, silencing the room. "And I'm the one who caused it."
Erza tensed up at the sentence.
"He's dying, isn't he?!" I shouted at her. She stared at me wide eyed, then tears started streaming down her cheeks.
"How long?" I asked. She hesitated, then spoke.
"A day, maybe two...that's all Wendy could say..."
"And, it's my fault?..."
"L-Lucy...I'm-" she couldn't finish her sentence. She broke down in a puddle of tears, stumbling to her knees. I grabbed my head with my hands, in a fury.
"DAMNIT!" I screamed. "Why?!" I stumbled backwards and hit the wall. "Why..." I whispered. I walked forward, wiping away the endless waterfall of tears.
"Goodbye, Erza," I said to her. She looked up at me from the floor, her face red and flustered.
"No...Lucy..." She muttered. I began to walk away, however she grabbed onto my ankle. "Don't leave. Not you, too..." She sniffed. I gasped quietly, but shook her hand away.
"I don't even deserve to live, let alone continue living with my friends," I told her, between sobs. I walked out of the infirmary, to see everyone's faces. They were dull, and cold. They looked up at me and just by my teary eyes, they could tell I knew. No one said a word as I walked through the guild and reached the doors. My hair was covering my eyes and my tears soaked the floor with every step I took. As I stood, facing the large, double doors, I held my right hand up beside my head.
"Bye...everyone..." I muttered quietly. But to the guild, it was as loud as ever. They nodded at me slowly, tears flowing. With that moment, the guild mark on my hand vanished in front of me, as if they had accepted my leave, with respect and honour.

I walked the forest alone. What right do I have to walk this world, when Natsu can't?
"Cygni...Blade..." I sobbed, holding out my hand. I watched as it carefully morphed itself into a blade of light. I trembled, as I placed the dagger in front of my heart.
"You can save his life," said a voice. I pulled the dagger away quickly. I could easily recognise the voice.
"L-Loke..." I muttered. I turned round, to see him standing next to a tree, his face grave. My tears formed puddles on the ground below me.
"I don't want you to die, Lucy. But I don't want Natsu to die either. You...can give him you life," he said, his tone deep.
"W-What?!" I said, surprised. "There's a way you can do that?"
"I don't know. But maybe, you could make a spell for it," he replied.
"M-Make a spell?" I asked, confused. "How do I do that?"
"You did it earlier, didn't you?" He said. He began to walk over, until he was standing directly in front me. "Lucy...I'm sorry," he muttered. "I promised...I promised to protect you..." Tears streamed down his face. I reached out, embraced him in a hug.
"I'm...so sorry..." He repeated. I nodded my head in his shoulder, telling him it was ok. I took my arms off him and wiped my tears away.
"Tell everyone...thank you," I said to him. He nodded, then disappeared.
I'll give it back, Natsu. I thought to myself. I'll give back what I had no right to take.
I stormed through the forest, back the way I came. As I approached the fairy tail doors, I breathed in. I pushed the doors open forcefully. People looked up, with the same depressing expressions as when I'd left. I walked right past them, ignoring their confused faces. I went straight into the infirmary and up to Natsu. The I placed my hands on his heart and closed my eyes. I heard the door open and a few footsteps as people came in. I only heard three voices: Erza, Gray, and Wendy.
I concentrated hard on the task. I could feel the words appearing in my memory, like they were being sketched into my mind.
"Auriga." The same bright glow appeared, the glow that all my spells created. "Hydrae. Eri...Sanabit." I opened my eyes again and watched as the glow travelled through my veins, to my hands and into Natsu's heart. I could feel my life being sucked out of me, slowly and painfully. But I won't stop now. Not until it's all done.
"Come on..." I muttered to myself, pushing on his chest harder. The light grew brighter and brighter, then suddenly died down. I watched as Natsu relaxed and his breathing became steady. I watched...as his life was returned to him. I smiled as two tears trickled down my cheeks.
Join me, Natsu...when it's your time.
I closed my eyes for the last time. I stumbled slightly and fell to the floor. However, my smile remained.
I heard quiet footsteps. Or maybe they were loud. I couldn't tell at this point.
"She's dying..." I heard Wendy cry.
I know I'm dying. But it's ok.
"Can you heal her?!" Erza shouted back.
Dont be upset, Erza. Natsu's alive now. That's all that matters.
"Don't just sit there! Get her onto..." Gray's words trailed off into nothing.
I always liked your voice when you were concerned about something, Gray. You always sounded so desperate to protect everyone. It made me feel safe. But right now, you've made this the happiest moment of my ending life. To hear the voices of my friends, even at my last breath-
Is more than I could ever ask for.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The FEELS MAN!!! I'm taking a bath in my own tears right now...ok that's a bit weird...
Sorry if this was too short for you, I just really wanted to get it out there and I thought it ended really nicely :)
Hope you enjoyed!