Chapter 23: Two Years, And One Child

-TIMESKIP: TWO YEARS LATER-.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
-Lucy and Natsu had a baby girl. Her name is Nashi, and she is 12 months old (one years old sounds weird XD)
-Natsu and Lucy have both become well known private missionaries, meaning they are paid LOADS to do really difficult jobs. (Like protecting the president or some crap) and they are asked personally to do so by clients.
-They have not spoken to fairy tail during the whole two years ;-;
-The council still do not know who killed the chairman (let's just pretend they are ridiculously stupid and have no magic spells which can track Lucy down, ok? XD)

-Lucy P.O.V-
I lay softly in the thick sheets of my bed. I turned to see if Natsu was still asleep, but only to see an empty space next to me.
"Hm..." I muttered, yawning. I sat up, stretching my arms out. Before I could even get out of bed, the door opened. Spetto's head creeped in, smiling.
"Lucy, dear! You've been sleeping all morning!" She said cheerfully.
I rubbed my eyes, moaning.
"Spetto...I was working all day yesterday..." I muttered.
"Natsu's waiting downstairs for you. He said that you 'promised to teach him piano'. And Nashi's already been fed," she replied, laughing.
"Geez, he acts just like a little kid..." I said to myself. I swung my legs out of bed, then stood up. Spetto made her way towards the wardrobe, and started to prepare my outfit. When I'd finished waking myself up in the mirror, I joined her.
"Here you are, dear," she said, handing me a high cut white dress.
"Oh, pretty," I replied, as I went to get dressed. Once I put on the dress, I slipped a matching headband on, just for fun.
"So where's Nashi? And...what's the time?" I asked, as I walked towards the hallway with Spetto.
"Um, twelve thirty I think," she replied. "Lunch will be served soon. And Nashi's with one of the babysitters. They'll bring her in to you shortly."
I nodded, dismissing her. I had reached the dining room, and quietly entered. But...not quiet enough.
"Morning," said Natsu, grinning. I frowned playfully at him, then began to walk over.
"Have you been waiting here all morning?" I asked, sitting down. I grabbed a piece of bread from the basket on the table, and took a bite.
"Well, I've been chatting it up with Mr. Chef over there," he replied, pointing to the kitchen.
"He has a name you know," I said back. He pulled me close to him, and kissed me on the cheek.
"Natsu..." I whispered, laughing. "Not at the table."
Suddenly, another maid entered, carrying Nashi.
"Hey baby," I said, getting back up. I walked over to the maid, and took my daughter from her.
"Now what do you want to do today?" I asked, rocking her back and forth. Her shiny blue eyes twinkled in the light of the dining room, as she giggled innocently.
"I still don't know where she got those eyes from," Natsu said, as I carried her to the table.
"But aren't they just beautiful..." I said, stroking Nashi's cheek.
"M-Mommy!" She muttered, smiling.
"That's right, baby," I replied, laughing. The maid who had carried Nashi in had also made her way over.
"Miss, you have a mission reserved for today," she said quietly. I sighed, and gave Nashi to Natsu.
"Who's it for?" I asked, gesturing for her to follow me out the room.
"What? But we were gonna learn piano..." I heard Natsu moan.
"You've gotta do this as well!" I shouted back. "And I'm skipping lunch!"
"That's bad for-" I shut the door to the dining room before Natsu could finish his sentence.
"Right," I said to the maid. "Is the client here?"
"Yes, ma'am," she replied. "His name is Mr. Campbell. He is waiting in the lounge for you." I nodded, and the maid hurried off. Then I quickly made my way to the client, to see what we'd be fighting this time.

I arrived at the lounge promptly. As I had been told, a small man was sitting patiently on one of the many sofas we had in the lounge.
"Hello," I said, closing the door. "My name is Lucy."
"Yes, I know," he replied, standing up.
"Well, someone's done their homework," I said, laughing. As I reached him, I shook his hand, and we both sat down.
"I'm sorry, but my partner isn't exactly the 'serious' type. So we'll leave all the small details with just us. So tell me what needs done," I said.
"Our land is being visited by a wealthy governor's daughter. But the journey she has to take is extremely dangerous. Hundreds of thieves hide themselves in the trees, and gang up on the carriage that the guest is in. In the past, we've asked quite a few guilds to protect important people that have taken this path. But they all failed. This time...we want to be extra careful."
"Well, that sounds easy enough," I said.
"That's what the others said..." The man replied nervously.
"We'll take care of it. We've never failed a mission before," I said, reassuring him.
"That's why I'm trusting you," he said, smiling. I smiled back, then stood up.
"Right," I said. "I'll leave you with Spetto to discuss payments. And I'll go prepare."
As if I'd called her, Spetto entered the lounge. She walked over and took my place, as I left to go find Natsu.