Chapter 4: She's Back And Stronger

-Natsu P.O.V-
I ran towards the guild as fast as I could. I have to tell everyone! Natsu thought. Tell them she's alive! I reached the doors leading into the main hall and burst through them.
"Gray! Erza!" I shouted out. They both looked up with gloomy expressions.
"Listen! Lucy's alive! I just saw her!" I told them. People in the guild began to look up and smile slightly. It was the first time the guild had a warm feel to it since Lucy died.
"Natsu...I know you're upset...but that can't be true..." Wendy muttered. I shook my head at them.
"You have to listen to me!" I cried out. " I saw her! She...she came to me and happy-"
The sound of a fist smashing down came behind me. I turned around to see Erza, her eyes covered by her hair.
"Natsu...you're making people upset..." Erza said angrily, but you could hear the sadness tremble in her voice.
"E-Erza! You'll believe me, right? I saw her by her house-"
"SHE'S GONE NATSU! SHE DISAPPERED IN FRONT OF OUR OWN EYES!" Erza's head raised, revealing tears down her cheeks. "NOW PLEASE!...Stop it..." She began to sniff. Wendy stood there in silence, then shortly after ran away in a fit of tears. I stared at everyone around me, and they were all turning their heads away.
"Tsk," I muttered with anger. I spun on my heel, then stormed out of the door. "I know she's alive..." I muttered. "And I'll find her."

-Lucy P.O.V-
"So where do you think this guy is?" I asked Loke.
"Well, he's obviously stronger than any of us imagined," he replied. "However, I only think he was able to turn you into a spirit because you're a celestial mage."
"If...if he was able to turn me into a spirit, would he be able to turn himself into a human?" I asked.
"That's a good point..." He replied.
"Uh, this is hopeless. We're getting nowhere." I stood up. "I'm going to ask the celestial spirit king." I turned round, and walked towards his throne. I looked up, to see him sitting happily.
"Spirit King!" I shouted up to him.
"Old friend?! You have returned, I see." He smiled down at me. "You are still a spirit?"
"H-How did you know?" I asked him.
"I know all that goes on in this world."
"So, do you know I about the run away spirit?" I said curiously.
"Oh, the key master. I don't not believe that he was always a spirit. I believe he was human once."
"A human?!" I said, surprised.
"He believed becoming a spirit would grant him more power," the King explained. "And unfortunately, he was right. How he obtained the ability to turn himself into one is still unknown."
"He's currently still in the human world, right? All I need to do is become strong enough to keep my gate open, even if he tries to close it," I said, determined.
"That's right, old friend. Become strong, and help your friends." The spirit King nodded with approval. I nodded back, then turned the other way. I walked over to Loke, a dead serious expression on my face. My eyes were glowing brightly. "Loke. Teach me all the powers you can," I said. He paused, slightly shocked, then nodded with a smile on his face.

-Natsu P.O.V-
"They're stupid!" I complained to happy, as I walked in the rain. "Stupid idiots that refuse to believe anything!" I kicked the barrel on the side of the pavement, smashing it into pieces. Happy flew beside me in silence. I thought about Lucy, her golden hair flowing delicately over her shoulders. That beautiful golden dress she wore and her eyes shining like stars.
"She didn't look...human," I muttered, without even realising.
"What?" Happy said, looking at me like I was mad.
"She was Lucy, but she wasn't human anymore."
"What do you think he did to her?" Happy asked me.
"I don't care. I'm going to pay him back for it."
"Are you now?" Said a voice. I spun round and he was standing right there, as if he'd been following me the whole time.
"YOU!" I cried, trying to conceal my anger. I raised my fist which was now burning brightly.
"Woah now, slow down," he said, holding his hand up calmly. "Let me explain why I'm here."
I looked over at happy and he nodded at me.
"Tsk. Fine." I lowered my fist.
"Thank you," he said sarcastically, brushing himself down. "I wanted to watch you figure it out on your own, but you're so stupid I got bored. So I've decided to show you now. Do you wish to see Lucy?"
"You have Lucy?! Where is she?!" I shouted, looking around.
"Do you think she'll appear just by you looking? God, this is going to take so long it will be painful, with that dumb brain of yours."
"JUST SHOW ME LUCY YOU JERK!" I shouted at him angrily.
"I will send her to sleep, as to not complicate things. She won't even realise she's seeing you." He dug his hand into his pockets and pulled out a shining gold key.
"A-A spirit key?" I asked, confused.
"That's right. Your celestial wizard has joined her spirits. Forever."
"Are...are you trying to tell me...that you turned Lucy into a spirit?" I muttered.
The key master laughed. "See for yourself." He threw the key at me. I caught it with my hands, and examined it carefully. It was rose gold, making it different to the others golden gate keys. And at the tip was Lucy's pink guild mark, just as I'd remembered it.
"L-Lucy..." I choked on my breath. It can't be true! I shook my head in disbelief. It was a beautiful key. Far more beautiful than any other I'd seen. Of course it's beautiful. It's Lucy's key. I thought. Then it was suddenly taken from my hands. The man had approached me without me even noticing.
"I believe that's mine, thank you." He took a few steps back, then raised the key. "Unconscious Open! Gate of the blazing sun! Luhi!" There was a bright light and a girl appeared, floating in the air like an angel. Her eyes were closed, and she was perfectly still. Her hair was also floating, as if she was underwater. She looked just the same as when she'd left.
"Lucy!" I cried out. I ran towards her, but a sharp pain hit me when I got close.
"Tut tut," the man said, shaking his finger in disapproval. "You must not touch a sleeping angel."
"Why are you doing this?!" Happy said.
"I want to get revenge on this world." He replied. "My name is Lucifer. My parents were celestial wizards, and they were murdered because of it! They loved their spirits, just like your friend does. Their only way of surviving before their death would've been to live in the celestial world. But they did not have enough power or knowledge to know how. I will protect this girl and I will not allow her to suffer the same price as my parents did. I am protecting her!"
"There's no need to protect her from us! We're her friends!" I replied.
"That's what they said...that's what everyone said. By they betrayed us. They betrayed them..."
"We...we understand what you're going through. And we'll help you," Happy explained.
"No! I won't trust anyone again. I won't make the same mistake twice." He raised his arm up.
"Forced gate closure." Lucy began to shine, then disappeared shortly after.
"No! Bring her back!" I demanded.
"She's mine now. And you will never take her from me!" Then his own body turned to dust, vanishing as well.
After a short pause, Happy spoke. "We have to tell the guild," he told me.
"They won't believe us," I replied. "Come to think of it, Lucy visited us on her own right?"
"Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?"
"So she must of opened her own gate, like Loke does."
"So...that means she can visit us when she wants?!" Happy said cheerfully.
"I think so, as long as her gate isn't closed by that Lucifer guy. But I know she'll get stronger. She won't give up on herself. She'll keep trying, I know she will!" I cried. Happy nodded with joy.
"Yeah! Cause she's our Lucy!" He shouted, fist pumping the air.
"All we have to do is wait..." Natsu muttered, looking up into the sky.

-No One P.O.V-
Lucy opened her eyes. She was in the celestial realm, and Loke was leaning over her.
"Lucy! What happened? Are you okay?!" He asked worriedly. Lucy sat up slowly, holding her head.
"I...was asleep," she muttered. "But I heard his voice. I heard Natsu,"
"He must of summoned you, then. And somehow, you were unconscious when he did."
"B-But I was just with you! Here! Why would I be unconscious?"
"Well, you suddenly disappeared, and I don't know what happened after that... Look, I think we need to begin your further training. This is getting dangerous."
Lucy nodded. "I'm ready." Her eyes shone brightly.

-One Hour Later-
"I am so not ready for this..." Lucy moaned, sighing. "It's so hard!"
"I told you, don't stop thinking about fairy tail. Your friends should be enough motivation." Loke encouraged.
"Y-yeah..." Lucy agreed, wiping the sweat off her forehead.
"Now, focus all your magic on your hands."
Lucy did as she was told. "Imagine the heat inside you burning brightly, travelling through your body into the palm of your hands."
Lucy closed her eyes and her hair and her outfit began to glow.
"Burn...light of the sun..." Her hands began to glow slightly. "Canis...Majoris!" Her eyes flew open; they were glowing (urano metria style). A bright beam of light shone out, hitting the target in front of her and burning it to pieces.
"That was the best one you've done so far!" Loke said. Lucy looked up happily.
"Really?" Lucy asked, surprised. Loke nodded in approval.
"A few more days and you'll be even stronger than the zodiac gates."
"Hahaha, then I can threaten Aquarius..." Lucy said evilly, rubbing her hands together. Loke laughed, thinking of Aquarius being scared of Lucy.

-One week later, LUCY P.O.V-
"Are you sure I'm ready?" I asked Loke, unsure.
"Everyone thinks you're strong enough. Now, even if he tries to shut your gate, you should have the power to keep it open." I nodded, then closed my eyes. Fiore...I thought hard. Magnolia...Natsu...
I felt the power as I travelled out of the celestial realm. My eyes opened and I was in the alleyway next to my house.
"Ok." I clenched my hand into a fist. "To fairy tail!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED *\(^o^)/*
I know when spirits open their own gate, they're supposed to appear next to their celestial wizard (didn't know how to word that ^ ^) but eh, I've changed it :D
Ja ne!