Chapter 11: Heaven's Rage

-Lucy P.O.V-
An angel? Protecting the world? What the hell does he mean?!
All these questions hopelessly wondered in my head. I had returned to the celestial realm and was standing at the exact same place Lucifer's mansion had been.
"LUCIFER!!" I screamed. I heard a faint laugh, as two doors appeared out of nowhere. Leaving everything behind me, I entered. It was dark inside. They had obviously prepared for me. You sick bastard. I thought. Candles were my only visible light. Using them to guide me, I explored the hall. Empty.
"Just come out!" I shouted into the air. "I know you're here." I heard small footsteps and Sora appeared on the landing of the stairway.
"Luhi?" She asked. I smiled, happy to see her face again.
"Yes, it's me," I called out to her. She beamed back, clearly excited to see me.
"The master said I had to introduce the guest, but I didn't think it would be you! He told me you can go-"
I froze.
I slowly turned my eyes towards Sora's chest, at the silver blade struck through her heart. She choked and fell forwards, off the railing. Without even thinking, I dashed towards her. Just as she was about to hit the floor, I skidded under her. She landed in my arms, sending me to the floor as well. Her face was petrified and pale.
"H-Hold on..." I muttered, scared and shaken.
"...I-I can't..." She sobbed, gripping onto my arms. Her tears fell slowly down her cheeks, and shattered on the floor like crystals. "I'm...sorry..." She whispered. I shook my head quickly.
"You did nothing wrong," I was starting to gain control of myself again, the shock fading away. But that didn't take away the fact that an innocent girl was dying in my arms. Sora smiled slightly, as her cat-like face grew weak.
"It was a pleasure, miss..." Her words trailed off at end. Her grip vanished, and she became limp. Limp, and lifeless. I began to cry hysterically now, rocking her body in my arms, and stroking her soft hair. I had almost completely forgotten...that blades don't pierce things themselves.
I stood up, leaving Sora's body on the ground. My wings were already grown, as I charged upwards and onto the landing. There Lucifer stood, his hands drenched in the silvery blood that had ran through Sora's body only minutes ago. I began to step towards him and he glanced upwards. I could feel my body burning with anger. I held my hand out, and before Lucifer could react, he was pinned against the wall by an invisible force. I had never done anything like this before, but I could worry about that later. If any of this 'angel' crap is true, I might as well use it now. When I reached him, I could sense the fear in his eyes.
"Is this what you wanted?" I asked, my golden eyes facing him directly.
"Layla...didn't have half the amount of power that you have-"
"I don't care about that," I replied. My voice was dark, and intimidating. In my opinion, I was anything but an angel. "Why did you do it?" I asked him.
"Because now...we are the most powerful people in this world."
I sighed at his stupidity. I held my hand out further, pushing him closer against the wall.
"Why her?" I asked. "Answer wrong, and I'll crush your skull."
He laughed (well, as much as I would let him).
"I knew you valued her as a friend. And after I saw what you did for your precious Natsu, I realised how much your 'friends' mean to you. So, I knew it would be the most effective way to...discover your 'true' potential. And isn't it spectacular?!"
I slapped him hard. And to my surprise, it left a harsh mark burned into his face.
"I don't give a shit about my potential," I hissed. "What I care about is the life of that innocent girl, a life that you had no right to take! If you think, for even a second that I will side with you, you're thinking about the wrong person." I said clearly to him. "Now you can go and join mom-" Lucifer suddenly pushed hard against the force. Unprepared, I fell backwards.
"Don't you ever talk about her like that," he said, walking over. Without even needing to chant the spell, my arm morphed into a blade and I swung it over his neck.
"Don't try something like that again," I said closely to his ear, pushing the edge of the blade to his skin.
"Luhi, we could be stronger than anyone...stronger than Zeref himself!" He continued. "You have the blood of an angel, and I have-"
"What? What do you have that's so special?!" I shouted at him.
"I have the blood of a demon."
"Tsk. That doesn't surprise me," I replied. "Now, I know one of your abilities is to do with time, am I right? You changed the time difference between here and the human world, and you can vanish from one place to another. So you better tell me everything you can do, just so I'm sure."
"Yes, one of my styles of magic involves time and memory. If I can remember a place I've been to well enough, I can switch my body to that exact place in my memory. If I can't remember every detail, however, it won't work. And time differences are easy. You simply shorten the days in the time parallel to match the time lapse of the human world," he said, grinning.
"I don't care what that means. But is that all you can do?"
"The rest you'll have to find out."
I pushed the blade deeper against his neck, causing blood to trickle down. Then, before my very eyes, he vanished. I looked across the room, to see him laughing at me.
"Memory, remember?" He said, tapping the side of his head. I stood up from where I was crouching.
"There's no point in me being here," I said, morphing my hand back into itself.
"I'm leaving. And I'm taking her," I added, pointing down at Sora's body.
As I jumped of the railing and floated down to her, I head Lucifer's voice.
"Don't forget, Luhi. You have to save the world."
I looked up, but didn't reply. I picked up Sora's small body in my arms and flew away, with no other feeling than utter disgust and hatred.

-Natsu P.O.V-
I was the only one that still had Lucy on my mind. After seeing what she was capable of before, we all knew she'd be fine, but I still couldn't help but worry. I was sat down on a table, tapping my hand on the solid wood.
"Natsuuu...she'll be fine, ok?" Happy said, flying over my head. "Did you see how strong she'd gotten?"
"Aye..." I muttered, sighing. He hit me over the head playfully.
"That's my line!" He said, laughing. I laughed with him, but my eyes still drifted towards the door, where I hoped she come through.
"She'll need this when she's back," I heard Erza say. I turned my head, to see her pointing to her fairy tail mark. "She removed her's when she thought you were dead."
"What?!" I said. "Why would she do that?"
"Because she blamed herself. And...I guess she was going to kill herself," Erza muttered quietly.
"And you didn't think of stopping her?!" I shouted.
"AT THAT POINT WE ALL WANTED TO DIE! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD SO CUT IT OUT WITH THE ATTITUDE OK?!" She shouted, putting her fist inches from my face.
"What...are you saying you would miss me-" I was suddenly punched to the floor by her angry fist. Happy burst out laughing at Erza's outbreak.
"Do you want to die as well, cat?!" She shouted. Then it suddenly became a bloodthirsty chase, with Happy flying around and screaming and Erza waving her swords everywhere trying to get him. And since it being fairy tail, somehow everyone got involved. As I began to punch people I didn't even recognise, I heard the doors creak open. I turned round to see Lucy, holding a girl's body. As everyone saw her, they all stopped.

-Lucy P.O.V-
They had been fighting, that was obvious. They hadn't done that in a while, huh. It was nice.
Unfortunately, my mood destroyed it all.
I walked in slowly, their faces shocked and worried.
"She was a friend," I said to them, as I looked down at Sora's lifeless body. "A good friend."
Tears fell from my cheeks softly. Natsu was the first to come over.
"Lucy..." He said, wrapping his arms around Sora's body. "Let me."
I allowed him to take her, then used a hand that I now had free to cover my eyes. I suddenly felt someone's arms over me. I moved my hand away, to see Mira's comforting smile. I let myself be warmed in her embrace. If I had learned one thing today-
It was that fairy tail was excellent at handling deaths.
"What do you want do?" Erza asked me. I stood away from Mira, and faced her directly.
"Bury her. She was a spirit, but nobody will appreciate her there. At least she'll be respected here." I said clearly. She nodded. "I'm going to see the master," I muttered, walking past everyone and into the office. "Master?" I asked, walking inside. He raised his head from behind his desk.
"Yes?" He said, walking over. I held my right hand up, and he immediately understood.
"Ah, so do you want the same place and colour?" He asked, getting out the stamp.
"Same place, please. But, this time...make it gold," I said, holding out my right hand. He pressed the stamp against my hand, leaving a gold fairy tail mark. I smiled at it, holding it up to the light.
"Thanks," I said, then I left the room. As I came out, they had already got out shovels.
"We'll do it, Luce," Natsu said, coming over. He put his hand on my shoulder and I immediately hugged him closely. He was surprised, but he still wrapped his arms around mine.
"She died...because of me..." I whispered to him, crying.
"Who stabbed her?" he asked.
"L-Lucifer..."
"Then she died because of Lucifer. Remember that, Luce," he said, stroking my hair. I nodded my head in his shoulder, my tears soaking the fabric of his vest.
"We'll tell you when to come. For now, just rest. It's been a long day." Natsu let go of me and followed Gajeel and Gray, who were carrying her body covered by a white sheet. I watched them go every step of the way, until the doors closed behind them.
"Look...after her," I whispered.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE TEARS SHALL BE NEVER ENDING!! It's the weekend now, so I should be able to get maybe another chapter done today/tomorrow (if my family aren't doing anything). So hopefully, there'll be an update soon!
Byeeeeeee!!!