Chapter 28: Visions Of Pain

-Lucy P.O.V-
I had gone home immediately, after handing Jack over to Juvia. My old home, that I'd chose to abandon four years ago.
I lay in my bed, staring silently up at the dark ceiling.
Was it really worth it? I thought. Coming back?
When all I'm gonna do...
"Is hurt people..." I whispered. I stood up, and sat by the window, staring at the people below. I began to cry silently, my tears falling softly down my cheeks.
"I'm...a monster."

-Natsu P.O.V-
I had headed back home, expecting to find Happy (who I couldn't find at the guild). I had offered to stay with Lucy, but she said she need some time. However, Nashi would be staying with her for the night. I opened the door slowly, and the room was filled with the smell of meat. I heard noises in the kitchen. I walked in, to see Happy slaving away at the stove. He turned around, and smiled, through teary eyes.
"T-They told me you came back," he sniffed. "So...I cooked you dinner."
I stepped towards him, ignoring the plate of food that had been laid on the table.
"Happy..." I whispered. Happy's eyes widened, and he threw the spoon he was holding down onto the stove, and rushed towards me.
"NATSU!" He cried, wrapping his furry arms around me.
"I'm sorry," I said, holding him tightly. "I'm so sorry."
Happy shook his head in return. "It wasn't your fault," he replied, his laughter drying his tears.

-Lucy P.O.V-
There was a sudden knock on the door. I made my way over to it, and opened it slightly. Erza was standing on the other side, with Nashi in her arms. I opened the door fully, and smiled at them both.
"I almost forgot about Nashi!" I said, laughing. I held my arms out, and Erza passed her over to me.
"Hey, baby," I said, stroking her hair. "Thanks for looking after her," I said to Erza. "I...needed a moment."
"It's fine," Erza replied. "Nashi's so well behaved."
"Are you now?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at her. She giggled, then ran off further into my room.
"This is HUGE!" She shouted, laughing.
"This is like a hundred times smaller than our old house..." I muttered, confused.
"She appreciates the little things," Erza said, laughing. "Anyway, I'm gonna head back to the guild. I'm guessing you'll come in tomorrow?" She asked.
"Of course," I replied.
"That's good to hear. And, Lucy..." She put her hand on my shoulder, and smiled. "It's good to have you back."
"Thank you, Erza," I said. She smiled, and nodded. I shut the door as she left, then went to find Nashi who had already hidden somewhere in my apartment.

-Half and hour after finding a giggling Nashi-
I made Nashi dinner, while she sat on my desk that I used to write on and drew pictures. As I was stirring the soup inside the pot that could easily serve four, I heard a faint whisper.
I'm doing this for your own good, Lucy.
The room suddenly went black. I couldn't see a thing. I dropped the spoon I was holding, and I didn't even head it splash as it hit the soup. There was nothing.
"N-Nashi?" I muttered, looking around. I couldn't see or hear anything. Then suddenly, there were fuzzy images. As I squinted and they became clear, I nearly threw up.
Bodies...dead bodies...covered the floor in front of me. And every single one had a fairy tail mark. I looked downwards slightly, to see Nastu, holding Nashi in his arms. They were both still- lifeless.
I then stared at my hands, which were covered in blood. Their blood.
My eyes widened, and I began to tremble. I stumbled to my knees in pure shock-
And screamed.

-Nashi P.O.V (First POV!)-
I suddenly heard Mommy scream.
Why was she screaming? I thought. Mummy was always so happy...
I got off my seat, and walked to the kitchen. Mommy was on the floor, and her hands were on her head.
Was she playing a game? I thought, confused. I put my hands on my head too, and smiled.
"Mommy, your turn!" I said, giggling. I waited patiently, but Mommy didn't move. My laugh stopped, and my smile faded. Mommy was shaking, and her eyes were wide...
She was scared.
I ran over to the window and opened it. Mommy had told me that Daddy had amazing hearing- if I needed him, I only had to call.
I sucked in my breath, and leaned out of the window slightly.
"DADDY!" I shouted, as loud as I could.