Chapter 8: A Kiss Breaks A Spell

-Natsu P.O.V-
I stood up, and sighed. "We should go back," I said, breaking the silence. "By now, everyone would've figured out where we went. We should see them before they try and come over here themselves."
Lucy nodded and also stood up beside me. "I'll open my-" Lucy suddenly stopped.
"What is it?" I asked her.

-Lucy P.O.V-
I had completely forgotten. How could I?
If your key breaks, you'll never see your precious friends again. You know that, right?
He'll break my key. Then I'll be trapped here, forever.
"I have to go back," I said, still half in thought.
"What?" Natsu asked immediately.
Should I tell him? Or would he just complicate things?
"I can't explain," I replied. "Find someone who can open their own gate and travel back to fairy tail. Tell everyone I'm fine and that I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I promise,"
"Lucy, we can't-"
"Natsu," I said firmly. His face went still. "Please...just do this for me," I asked him desperately. He hesitated, then finally nodded.
"You got this Lucy," Happy said, lightening the mood.
"Yeah," Natsu agreed. I smiled and watched them as they made their way back to find another spirit.
"Ok..." I said to myself. "Happy's right. You got this." I drew my wings out behind me, shot up into the sky.
I'll beat him. I thought. Without any spell.
I flew back from the way we came, straight towards the invisible mansion. However, I spotted it easily, thanks to the giant hole in the wall.
I landed softly and entered, getting ready for whatever he had prepared for me. The dining hall was empty. Everything had been left as it was, except Lucifer was no where to be seen. I walked in slowly, my silk train trailing behind me. I relaxed slightly and my wings retracted. After checking the room thoroughly, I left through the door and into the giant hall. All the maids were gone; there was a small table in the centre. I looked closely, only to realise that my key was sitting there, completely unattended.
Or so I was supposed to believe. Releasing myself from Tania Tenshi had removed the confidence I had been given, so I wasn't exactly up for talking back to my enemy, like I had done at dinner.
"So...you knew?" I said loudly, yet nervously. "That I would come back?" There was no reply. I know he's here. I thought. I just know.
I walked forward at a steady pace. Now I was inches away from the key. All I had to do was reach forward.
Would he really be this...unprepared? I thought. I put my hand out slightly.
Should I? What do I do?
I began to raise my arm.
It doesn't matter what he has planned. I'm taking this key and I'm keeping it.
I grabbed the key, then jumped backwards as fast as I could. I waited, expecting to see a giant bear trap, or a boulder falling from the ceiling, (or something else completely stupid and ridiculous) but to my surprise, nothing happened.
"Take it," said a voice. I glanced upwards, simply out of habit. But I knew who it was. I mean, come on, do I really need to say?
"You're...just gonna let me have it?" I called out.
"I preferred you at dinner. You were far more...enthusiastic." Lucifer answered.
I scowled at him and began to step backwards.
"You realise...without this, you'll never be able to summon me, right?"
What am I doing?! Why am I telling him this?!
"I know," he replied. "But I want you to get strong. Strong and beautiful. I'll take you back, when you're ready."
I shivered slightly, imagining the thought. Then, I grew my wings out and left through the dining room, confused and slightly pleased at my 'victory'.

-Natsu P.O.V-
We were back in the human world. We'd found Libra and she'd taken us back straight away.
"So, what now?" Happy asked.
"We should go back to the guild. Tell everyone she's alright. Then...I guess we wait."

-Lucy P.O.V-
I closed my eyes and inhaled. As I began to open my own gate, I clutched my key tightly in my hands.
This...is who I am now.
I opened my eyes again to find Magnolia. It was night; the streets were dark and lonely.
"Right," i said to myself.

I barged through the fairy tail doors. People's heads shot up at the sound.
"Lucy!" Erza cried.
"I'm fine," I said, walking over. As I took a few steps forward, I felt the weight of my train and realised I was still wearing the dress Sora had let me wear.
"What's with the getup?" Gray asked, as I reached them.
"Don't worry. What we need to focus on is catching this guy. This is getting way out of hand." I began, sitting down on the table. People gathered to hear what I had to say.
"He has a mansion in the celestial realm. Spirit maids serve him, somehow by the their own will. And...he's getting stronger."
Erza nodded in agreement.
"I think we need to go on an all out attack. Maybe if we-"
The doors to the guild hall burst open. Natsu and happy ran in, panting.
"Guys! Don't worry! Lucy's-" he looked at me, as I stared back in confusion, his eyes widened.
"Lucy?" He asked, also confused. I nodded awkwardly, then Natsu burst out laughing.
"Man, you were quick!" He cried. I face palmed, depressed at the fact that I was friends with such an idiot.