Chapter 29: Stolen Memories

-Lucy P.O.V-
I shot up from my bed. I was breathing heavily, and my face was full of sweat. Well, I thought it was sweat, until a drop fell into my mouth and I instantly recognised the salty taste.
I had been crying.
I rubbed my eyes, and dried the tears away, then examined the room. It was morning, and the early light shone brightly through the curtains. I had no idea where I was. The room was empty, but I could hear noises in the room next door.
What happened? I thought to myself. I can't remember...
A man suddenly came into the room. He seemed surprised to see me awake, but quickly came to my side.
"Are you feeling ok?" He asked me. I stared back at him, confused. "Lucy...do you remember what happened?" He added.
"L-Lucy..." I muttered, almost to myself.
"It's ok," he said, reaching over to me. I flinched, and backed away.
"W-Who are you?" I asked. He stared deeply into my eyes, his face full of worry.
"Lucy, It's me. It's Natsu," he replied. Then, he tried to reach over again. I shook my head, scared.
"I don't know you," I whispered. He hesitated, almost as if to take in what I had said.
"Lucy...what do you remember?" He asked, the words cutting apart his throat.
"M-My name..." I replied nervously. Suddenly, the door opened, and a woman came in. Her hair was a beautiful shade of scarlet, and she wore shiny metal armour.
"Natsu, you didn't explain anything last night!" She complained, charging up to him.
"Lucy was on the-" she paused, after seeing me awake. "H-Hey, Lucy," she added, in a more relaxed tone. "I'm glad to see you're up."
I stared at both of them, completely clueless. The man, Natsu, stood up, and pulled the woman aside. They whispered quietly, so I couldn't hear. At the end of their conversation, she looked back at me with disbelief.
"So...she doesn't remember anything?" She whispered to Natsu. I nodded slowly, answering for her. Natsu walked over to me, and sat on the side of the bed. I backed up against the wall in return.
"Get away from me," I said, still cautious of them. I had no clue who they were. Anyone could just walk up to me and say they knew me.
"Please..." Natsu muttered. "Trust me."
From behind the woman, a little girl walked out. Her small, pink curls fell gently over her face, and her eyes looked like the entire ocean was trapped inside of them.
"Nashi," Natsu said quietly. "Mommy can't talk right now."
M-Mommy? I thought.
"Is she..." I whispered, in shock. Nastu nodded slowly in return. Without even realising, I began to cry. These people...I could just feel...
That they were family to me.
I pulled the cover up from beneath me, and sunk my body under it, like a child hiding from a thunderstorm. I heard Natsu curse to himself.
"Damn you, Lucifer..." The woman muttered.
I squinted, as the cover was lifted off me. I looked up to see Natsu again.
"Lucy...look on your finger," he said. I held my hand up, and noticed a small ring. I leaned closer, admiring it. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There was also a ring on above; the wedding ring. Suddenly, a hand was placed on top of mine. I glanced upwards, to see Natsu, staring into my eyes. I looked back down again, to see a matching ring on his finger. I gasped quietly, and my hands began to shake.
"You had hallucinations last night," Natsu said gently. "I put you to bed..."
"And I woke up this morning..." I added, finishing his sentence.
"Your memories aren't gone," Natsu said. "They've been stolen."
"By who?" I asked.
"A man named Lucifer. A horrible, horrible man." The woman said.
"Excuse me, but what's your name?" I replied to her. Her eyes widened slightly, but she inhaled, and answered.
"My name...is Erza," she said quietly.
"I'm sorry," I muttered. "That I can't remember..."
"It's not you who has to apologise," Natsu said.
"Yeah," Added Erza. "It's Lucifer that I want an apology out of..." She said, clenching her fists.
"You wait here, get some sleep," Natsu told me, smiling. "We'll get your memories back."

-Natsu P.O.V-
Damn you, Lucifer...
I charged into fairy tail, filled with anger.
"Natsu? What's wrong?" Levy said, noticing my mood.
"Lucy's memories..." I muttered. "They've been stolen."
Members of fairy tail gasped, and Levy put her hand over her mouth in shock.
"D-Do you mean-"
"She can't remember anything," I replied, cutting her off. I clenched my fists. "She's...already gone through so much..."
"Natsu."
I turned round, to see Gray.
"That's what we're here for," he said, grinning.
"Gray," I muttered, smiling back.
"Lucy saved Jack's life," he said. And, almost as if he was called, Jack came running up from behind him.
"And I had no right to treat you that way," Gray continued. "I'm sorry."
"Ah, well my daughter wouldn't even get herself in danger in the first place," I replied, smirking.
"What did you say?..." Gray muttered angrily.
"You wanna go, ICE PRINCESS?" I shouted, slamming my forehead against his.
"You bet, FLAME BRAIN!" He cried, shoving his fist in front of me.
"G-Guys..." Wendy said quietly. "Lucy?"
We both paused, then awkwardly acted as if nothing happened.
"Right..." I replied, scratching my head.