10 - The Leader Village

The earth grew closer and closer with every second and thank any god in the world that the fountain decided to be right underneath me. With an enormous splash and a punch to the gut, I was consumed by the cobalt water. I curled up into a ball in the liquid and froze.

"Hey! There's somebody here!"
 "Is that an Awakened One?"

"Is she okay?"

I heard muffled voices through the water. For some odd reason, I could see perfectly in the blue water. As if my eyes already had built-in goggles.

I felt hands grab my arms and yank me out. Coughing and sputtering, I shook the water from my face.

"Vince! You didn't have to do that!"

I heard somebody laugh. Maybe Vince.

"I didn't realize she would be so scared! You should've seen the look on her face!"

A tall girl flagged my left side while a boy flagged my right. The girl was large and she had cropped, lavender hair. The boy looked incredibly muscular with a crooked smile that would make girls bow down at his feet.

Everybody had different colored hair that varied from jet black to ghost white. Nobody was wearing a white uniform like me. I saw Vince across from where I stood slash leaned.

"Why'd you do that?" I glared at him.

I just now noticed his hair was green that matched his uniform. He had a smile of amusement slapped on his face.

"Have you tried looking back up at the skywalk?"

I felt a series of giggles and chuckles as I looked up above. The bridge was only two meters above ground and the tallest person of this group could definitely reach it.

"W-What?"

"Like I said," Vince explained, "everything is not what it seems."

"Let's get you cleaned up."

The lavender haired girl walked me to a nearby cottage.

What's a cottage doing here? What is this place?

Entering the circular door, she sat me down on a bed. I looked around the room to see simple furniture and three other doors that showed a bathroom, a closet, and darkness. The well rounded girl had a green uniform on and searched for something in the closet and drew out a white uniform.

"Put this on. It might be a bit big for your tiny size but it's my old uniform. It'll be better than the ones stuck onto you like a second skin."

Looking her in her eyes for the first time, I noticed she had one green eye and one blue eye.

"Thanks," I muttered.

Very interesting. Lavender hair and now multicolored eyes. Just like that mystery boy.

I took the uniform and walked into the bathroom. I felt a pang of jealousy to see how leaders got to have one room mate and their own bathroom.

Undressing myself, I looked in the mirror for the first time. I had high cheekbones, ash brown hair, and glittering grey eyes.

Incredible.

My bangs dripped from the water and I did my best to dry myself off with a towel. Throwing on the spare uniform, I felt instantly better.

"Thanks for the uh..." I searched for words, "the help."

"Sure! No problem!" Her warm voice filled the whole house. She was sitting on her bed and I took my spot on the other one that was there. Her name tag read Delilah.