Leaving Me Here

Annabelle’s P.O.V

“How are you?” Seven asked as he walked over to the bed, still with me roped around him like a child clinging to their parent.

I don’t think Seven understood how much I needed him right now. Upon waking up in the midst of the night, I felt this emptiness -- loneliness -- in the pit of my stomach. I tried to convince myself that it was just hormones, throwing me in a loop of random emotions, but no matter what I thought, my body wouldn’t shake the thoughts of how I wanted nothing more than Seven to come busting into the bedroom.

Seems like sometimes, wishes do come true.   

“Anna?” Seven inquired as he sat down on the bed and tried to disconnect me from him.

I whimpered and held my grip. I didn’t want him to leave. I couldn’t give him the opportunity to leave me. “Don’t go,” I muttered just loud enough for him to hear.

Seven suddenly stopped trying to untangle me from him, and just hugged me back, again. A few seconds passed and then Seven sighed into my collarbone. “Why would I go doing a thing like that?” He inquired just above a whisper.

“I don’t know, just a gut feeling.” I honestly told him as I started to feel like things were going to change, and not for the better.

Rubbing my back, slowly, Seven said nothing.

His silence irked me. It for some reason made me feel like he was holding something back, something that would cause him to leave. Something that very well might prove my gut instinct right.

Tears cascaded down my rosy cheeks because I had no idea why I felt like I was about to lose Seven.

For some reason, as I sat in Seven's lap I began to think about earlier tonight. Call me a fool, if you will, but the moment Max told me the truth about the whole Jenny-cover-up thing, I started to fantasize about when this was all over, how Seven and I could actually be together and raise a child -- our child.

Yet, sitting here, in his lap, I could feel him pull away. Not physically, but most definitely mentally. Never does the first thing Seven say to me is, ‘how are you?’. For Seven, that was something he’d say to an acquaintance, not a friend, and most certainly not me.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I questioned as I tried to remove the silence that was over us like a cooling blanket. The air turned thick and I could all but hear Seven contemplating on what to say. Running one of my hands through his black locks, I hoped he would just say something, anything. After a good minute, I moved my head from his shoulder and looked at him in the eyes.

Seven glanced down at me and kept his lips pressed together in a thin line.

Unwrapping my legs from his waist, I got out of his lap and off the bed. I stood in the middle of the room and allowed the cold air to envelope me. Biting my bottom lip, I debated on if now was the right time to spill the beans about me being pregnant. That for sure would get him to speak, but I didn’t feel like right now was the prime moment to admit something like that.

“Anna…” Seven voice was strained and yet it still sent a shiver of lust down my spine.

With my back to him, I could hear Seven getting off the bed and his heavy footsteps making their way in my direction. Suddenly, he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled my back to his chest. I could feel him move his lips to my ear. Seven’s hot breath tickled my ear and to say it was not a feeling that made my knees want to buckle would be an understatement. “Anna, I wanted to tell you but-” his deep, sexy voice was cut off by a loud echo that reminded me of gun firing.

Freezing in spot, my head snapped to look at Seven over my shoulder. “W-what was that?” I asked with fear quaking my tone.

His arm slipped from me and I saw slight concern churning in Seven’s green-blue eyes. Racing over to the bedroom door, I thought Seven was about to leave the room and chase after the noise. To my surprise he bent down and removed the fur mat that was in front of my bedroom door. It was then that I saw something black etched into the wood floor.

Walking over to Seven, I saw that it wasn’t a black mark on the natural wood floor, but a latch. Reaching down, Seven pulled the latch to reveal a trapdoor for a hidden staircase that went under the house we were in. “Se-Seven, I’m not going down there,” I trembled as I saw him giving me a pointed look to go down the staircase that lead to who-knows-what.

“Go, now, or I will drag you down there myself, Anna.” His voice was demanding and full of authority that I’ve never heard him have before. A full three second passed before he placed his hand on my back and gave me a light push in the direction of the trapdoor.

My body refused as I feared that if I went down there that Seven would go after the banging noise, and gosh knows it might be Leaven. I couldn’t have Seven leave me! “Seven, I’ll go down if you join me. Please!” I tried to persuade.

A sound of a battle of gun shots filled the air around us. Seven’s face mirrored slight panic and worry. Glancing at me he nodded. “Okay, just lets hurry they will come in here any minute now!” Giving me another push towards the stair, he urged me even more to go and said he was following me.

With nothing but air under my feet I dashed to the trapdoor and down the stairs. The steps led to darkness and I turned around. “Seven? Where are the lights? Seven?!” All of a sudden the darkness left the room and a bright light flicked on.

Looking over at the stairs I saw Seven at the top. He gave me a sadden look. “I love you, Anna.” With that said he turned around and took a step out of the room. It was then that I realized he lied to me, he was going after the gun sounds – he was going after Leaven.

“No! Seven!” I tried to race back up the stairs, but by the time I got to the top, Seven had closed the door. I heard a click and I knew he locked the trapdoor. “Seven!” I banged on the white door. “No! Please! Seven! Seven!” Tears ran down my face. “S-S-Seven!” I cried out as I stopped my banging. “Don’t leave me! Seven! I love you, please!” Collapsing on the stairs, I prayed that Seven would come back. “Seven,” I whispered through my sobs. “Seven…”