Car Ride - Part 2

I knew that I was lost, I had no idea where I was. Currently, I was walking on a gravel road with green trees surrounding me. The road ahead looked like it went on forever and if I twisted around to look where I came from, it looked identical. A sense of fear and loneliness kept washing over me.

I heard the humming of a engine and I turned behind me. I saw a familiar car approach me. I was clueless as to why the car looked so familiar. Mentally, I started to think of all my friends cars and nothing came to mind.

When the car reached me it came to a halt. I saw through the window the one person I didn’t want to see right now ... Seven.

I tried to ignore him as I kept walking, with him in tow.

“Anna, get in the car,” I choose to not acknowledge him as I put one foot in front of the other. “You’re headed in the wrong direction,” Seven stated with bitterness laced in his voice.

Without saying a word, I turned around and started to walk in the direction I came from. In the corner of my eye I saw Seven make a U Turn.

“Why are you being so childish?’’ He called out to me. “I’m being nice and offering you a ride ... Damn it!” He said in a venomous tone. His car sped off and I thought he was actually going to leave me stranded out here. I silently cursed myself, but was shocked when his car suddenly stopped about two yards ahead of me.

His driver’s door opened up and Seven got out of the car. With his long legs he walked, quickly over to me. I was frozen as Seven stopped a foot away from me. My eyes couldn’t help but examine him. My heart dropped when I fully realized Seven will never be mine and it tore me up inside.

I sighed knowing that all my prayers of being released of his love were in vain.

“Please, Anna, allow me to take you home.” His voice sent a warm feeling in my stomach.

“Seven ... I can’t,” I muttered, walking past him.

Light pressure on my hand made me stop in my tracks. “Don’t walk away from me,” Seven said in a calm manner.

My eyes flickered over to him and I saw that he was looking at our hands that were holding one another.

“Why do you want me to take a ride from you? You made it clear in the car you hated me.”

His eyes met mine.

“Hate you?! Is that what you think I feel for you?” He asked me in a shocked tone.

“Well, yeah,” I replied.

He chuckled. “I see the years have not changed you naiveness,” he spoke with a smile.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

He just let more deep chuckles escape his lips as he dragged me over to the passenger’s side of the car. Opening the door he told me to get in.

Sighing, I slipped in without arguing.

Soon, he was in and we were diving down the road.

“You still have this car?” I said breaking the silence that had engulfed us.

“Yeah, this is my baby,” he told me.

I rolled my eyes at him. “So, you’re engaged,” I randomly stated.

“So, your dating my brother,” he spat. My eye wandered to my hands, for I didn’t know how to reply. “Just be careful, and if he hurts you, don’t be afraid to call me.” Seven said.

“Why do you think he will hurt me?” I quizzed. Seven stayed silent and didn’t answer me. “Seven?”

“He was arrested a year back for domestic violence.”

My mouth went dry and my hands became clammy.

Oh shit ... What have I gotten myself into?