Car Ride - Part 1

The car ride was awkward and I stayed in the back, silent for I was not sure of what to say. My eyes couldn’t help but look at Seven. It irked me the way he was clearly avoiding looking in the rear view mirror, it was like he was trying not to look at me.

Right then it occurred to me that I was so foolish in high school, when it came to trying to get him to like me. I knew then that I had committed two mistakes with Seven already:  

~~Mistake One: Getting a makeover so I can look like the kinds of girls he likes.

and

~~Mistake Two: Trying to get him to like me.

Never again, I thought.

I made a mental note that as of that moment, I was not to socialize with Seven, because staring at him from the back seat, I realized there was something I still felt for him. I didn’t know exactly what I felt but I knew I didn’t trust myself around him right now.

A phone rung and I saw Jenna reach down in her purse.

“Shit,” she breathed before answering it. “Hello? … Yes, okay … Alright, see you then.” With that she hung up and turned to face Seven. “Babe, that was the hospital, they want me back to run an afternoon shift.Darren is sick.”

“But, you ran night shift last night. I thought you were getting the day off.”

She shook her head. “I know, but I have to go in. How about you take me to the house and you take Anna home in your car?” Jenna suggested.

I began to shake my head at the mere thought of being stuck in a car alone with him. “N-n-no I can walk, it’s fine.” I budded in.

“From the directions you gave us to your house, it’s fifteen miles away from our house! I’m not letting you walk that long.”

I was getting tired of the kindness Jenna was giving me. I clenched my fist and glared at her but she didn’t see, she was too focused on Seven.

“Okay,” was all he said before turning down a remote road. It didn’t take us long to pull up to a house that was at least five times the size of my apartment. Jenna and Seven didn’t seem to realize my expression once the car came to a full stop, proving this is where they live.

Seven hurried out, followed by Jenna.

I hopped out of the car and turned my attention to Jenna. “Thank you so much for your kindness in offering to get Seven to take me home.” Jenna smiled widely at me and was about to say something but I continued. “I texted my friend and she has agreed to pick me up on a street around the corner.”

Jenna frowned at me. “Oh, Anna you can’t accept help can you?” She asked, at first I was offended by her words but I calmed down. “Well, at least let Seven take you to the street or me since I am headed out.”

I was seriously getting upset with her. She acted like I was a lost puppy in need of help. “No, no, it’s all good.” I quickly pulled out my phone and acted like Carollena had just texted me. “Oh shit, I have to run,” I muttered. ”Thanks Jenna and ... Seven.” I then without giving them a final glance, run down the driveway and realized I didn’t know which way to turn.

I decided to take a left. I knew it would take me forever to get home, but I just couldn’t bare the thought of being in a car, alone with Seven.

After all, I still love him.