Epilogue - Part 4 (14 Years Later)

FINAL PART ... ENJOY! 

***

Annabelle's P.O.V

“I’m going to kill you!” I heard Logan say from the second floor of the house. His voice was followed by the sounds of feet thumping on the hardwood floor upstairs. Soon, while sitting on the couch, I watched his tall figure fly down the stairs. Looking at me with his dark blue eyes, once he reached the last step, Logan pointed up the case of stairs. “Zoey keeps barging into my room while I’m trying to beat an extremely hard level in the video game I just bought.”

“I’m bored,” Zoey pouted as she slowly descended down the stairs. Clutching her teddy bear, Zoey gave me the most pitiful look a six-year-old could give.

 “Logan, you are her big brother, she just wants to spend time with you,” I smoothly said as I closed the book I was reading. Setting it on the glass coffee table, I got ready to hear the thousand words Logan was, without a doubt, going to say.

 “I’m eighteen, Ma; I don’t want her crowding up my space.”

 “Oh, get over it,” another voice said.

 Looking at another figure walking down the flight of stairs, I saw Julia. Pinning up her long black hair she looked at me. “Mom, can I have thirty dollars? Lilac and I want to go to the mall.”

 “Are Lilac’s parents taking you all?” Seven asked as he exited from the kitchen with two steaming cups of hot tea. Reach me, he handed one mug to me.

 “Yes, Dad,” Julia said before rolling her eyes with a smile planted on her face.

 Pushing past her brother and sister, Zoey walked over to me and climbing in my lap.

 “Are they going to stay with you all?” Seven quizzed as he looked at Julia with a stern expression.

 Julia gave a faint frown. “We are thirteen! We don’t need guard dogs!”

 “On the contrary your age is the exact reason why you need ‘guard dogs’. I will not have my thirteen-year-old daughter running lose in a mall with her friend. Not safe and will not be stood for. You understand me?” Seven said in what I liked to call ‘the father voice’. He always breaks out in it when he is making it clear that his word is final.

 “Mom!” Julia whined as she looked at me. “Claire’s mom lets her go shopping with her friends, without a chaperone!”

 “Well, we are not Claire’s parents,” I responded.

 Seven leaned back on the couch. Sitting next to me, he placed his hand on my thigh and smiled. “Your mom is right, Julia. Now, go call Lilac and ask if her parents will shadow you two. If not, I am off today, I can.”

 Stumping up the stairs, Julia huffed in defeat. She knew perfectly well not to argue with her father for he would ground her faster then she could blink.

 Smiling once more, I realized that that was one of the many reasons I loved Seven. He knew when to be authoritative and show he is the leader of the household. But, he also knows when not to be, which is when I give him a certain look that basically tells him to support me or he is sleeping on the couch.

 As Zoey fiddled with the hem of my brown shirt, I began to reminisce on the last thirteen years of my life.

After Heaven and Carollena’s wedding, Seven and I started to date. He finally quit his job for the government. We got married about six months after Carollena and Heaven’s wedding. I can still remember wearing the white silky dress and having a semi-huge stomach, because I was pregnant with Julia. She was most certainly not planned, but of course Seven was over the moon to add another addition to our family. A few months after Julia was born, Seven applied for a community college close to home. After four years of hard work, he was able to obtain a degree in software engineering.