This Is Not Good

When the car eased into my paved driveway I looked over at Seven as he put the car in park. My gaze didn’t break as he reached in his glove department and pulled out a paper and pen. Seven proceed to write something on the notepad. Stopping, he ripped out the single sheet he wrote on and tossed the pen and pad of paper in the glove department before shutting it.

“Here, this is my phone number and in case of an emergency I also wrote my address,” he told me as he folded the paper and handed over to me. “Anna, I know that you are going out with Leaven tonight ... I insist that you break up with him.” I could see that his knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel harder and harder. His eyes slowly looked over at me, his jaw was clenched and I could tell he was angry.

As if by instinct my hand started to lift towards his face, to calm him down, but he and I caught the sight of something on my wrist.

A red line circled around my wrist, I knew very well that it was from when Leaven held my wrist too tight this morning. By the look Seven was giving me, I saw he was guess the same thing.

“Stupid tight bracelets,” I commented as I dropped my hand in my lap. Tears dared to leak from my eyes as silence consumed the car.

Why did I go to that stupid party last night? All I wanted to do was get my ex jealous. Waking up in Leaven’s bed, and deciding to date him, only to find out he was once committed of domestic abuse, was so not in my agenda.

Now, I am faced with Seven, who I could see in the corner of my eyes was watching me with anger just radiating off him.

“I think it is time you get out of the car and go inside your house. It seems I have things to attend to,” his voice was low but it was seeping with rage.

Blinking a few times to clear my foggy vision I looked over at him. “S-Seven, it ... it is not what it looks like,” I lied to him as my blue eyes were dancing around the car hoping to not be caught in the falsehood of my words. My attempt was in vain, and I knew that the moment he grabbed my chin and looked at me with a heated expression.

“Lying only makes me angrier,” he was gritting his teeth as he spoke. I watched his pink lips go into a fine line as he let go of my chin and sighed. “Consider him died and you single, now Annabelle get out of my car,” he spoke to me without looking my way. His eyes instead were focused on the dashboard. I couldn’t help but notice him call me Annabelle in lieu of my nickname, Anna. I noted that this meant he was seriously worked up about this situation. My fingers reached over to the door but instead of opening the car door, I locked the door.

Seven exhaled loudly in frustration of my actions.  

“I’m not leaving this car with you this ill-tempered. You might have changed over the years but I can tell your rash, quick, and irresponsible thinking has not disappeared.”

“Either you call him right now and break up with him or I will make sure you will not be able to make that date right tonight,” he stated, still with no eye contact.

Slowly my fingers tapped my legs as I considered what he was saying. “How would you prevent me from going on a date with him?”