Going To A Cat Funeral

Warmness fell on my face and I slowly opened my eyes. The room and bed I found myself in was unfamiliar, so was the thick woods smell that surrounded me. But, it didn’t take long for all of last night to come flooding into my mind.

Sitting up, I placed the palm of my hand on my forehead. It hit me like a lightning bolt that I’d just made more mistakes with Seven. Mentally, I was beating myself up for being so easy and willing. Tears welled up in my eyes as I also thought about how Seven had cheated on his fiancée … with me.

“Shit,” I muttered in a low tone. Looking over I saw Seven laying with his back to me. My eyes groped him and his shirtless self. Realizing what I was doing, my eyes quickly danced round the bedroom.

Inhaling and exhaling loudly, I slipped out of the bed. My goal was to get my clothes on and leave like this never happened, knowing that is what Seven would wanted. But, my body froze and fear shot through me as I heard a light knock on his front door followed by a soft voice.

“Seven, Hun, are you up?!” It didn’t take a rocket scientist to know that the voice belonged to Jenna, his fiancée.

“No, no, no, this is not happening,” I hissed. Quietly I crept over to Seven. His sleeping figure made me smile, but Jenna’s knocking jolted me into reality. “Seven,” I whispered as I started to lightly poke him. He mumbled and rolled over, not seconds later releasing a snore. “Seven, wake up,” I demanded as I tried to keep my voice very low so Jenny wouldn’t hear me. “Jenna is here, get your ass up,” I proclaimed right in his ear. Gradually, his head lifted from the pillow with sleepy eyes Seven looked at me.  A smirk appeared on his face once he locked eyes with me.

“Good morning, Anna,” Seven spoke in a sleepy tone that admittedly made me weak at the knees. With a plastered grin I let the sounds of Jenna’s knocks fill the room. Seven furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me. “What was that?” He asked as he sat up.

“That, my unlucky friend, is your fiancée.”

Panic filled Seven’s sea green eyes before he leaped out of the bed.

“Oh shit!” He half shouted then started to collect our clothes from the floor. It wasn’t but mere seconds later before my outfit and undergarments were being thrown at me. “Hurry put those on,” Seven catcalled. Without a second thought I got dressed. “Jenna! Hold on babe!” The way he called her babe made me cringe. “Listen, Anna-“

“Seven, don’t. I know what you are going to say and … just don’t. Tell me the back way out of here and I will be out of your hair.”

Seven gave me sad eyes but he and I both had full knowledge that I need to leave.

With his instructions I snuck out of his house at the same time he opened the front door for Jenna.

Scanning his backyard I noted that he had a very nice backyard. It was wide, had many – wait, what am I doing? I’m supposed to be leaving his house and getting as far away from here as I can, not taking notes on how his yard looked...

My legs carried me to the wooden gate that separated his backyard from the front. Just as my hands reached and grasped the cool black iron lock I heard a gasp.

“Annabelle, trying to sneak away,” my head turned and I saw Jenna standing at the back door with a smile. “I saw your car in the driveway. Don’t worry Seven just told me you crashed on the couch. I’m sorry to hear about your cat.”

“Cat?”

“Yes, Seven told me you came here in the middle of the night because your childhood cat died. I know how hard it must be,” Jenna said with a genuine smile as she made her way to me.

“Yeah … It … It was ... heartbreaking,” I replied with a weak grin. Jenna all the sudden engulfed me in a hug.

“Well, I know you were trying to sneak out so Seven and I could have some time together, but honey you need a friend. I know you and Seven use to be really good friends ... So, how about you come in and I can make fix us all up some breakfast?”

I didn’t waste a second as my head shook back and forth. “Oh, no, I couldn’t … My dad is expecting me … for ... the cat funeral,” I lied. Jenna’s lips twitched into a frown.

“Awww, well, in that case, let me go get Seven to get dressed and we can attend the burial,” Jenna offered. I tried to smile and not laugh at her. Was she serious?! Or of that matter did she really believe into this lie?

“Uhhh, no … thanks … I think this needs to be just my dad and I … But thank you,” I spat bitterly even if it was a ‘thank you’.

She sighed at me. “You are so stubborn,” Jenna stated. “Well, I would offer you a ride bu-”

“I have a car here,” I fired at her.

She looked at me with a questionable look. “Yes, I know, I was just about to mention that...”

“Sorry for snapping at you … Uhhh-”

“I get it. If my childhood animal died I would be on edge too. In fact-” I had a feeling Jenna was about to have a heart to heart with me and in all honesty I didn’t want to have one with her.

“Oh my gosh, will you look at the time,” I spoke as I looked down at my wrist only to see my watch was not there. Quickly, I moved my hand back to my side. “I have to go … Maybe, we can talk another time.”

Jenna smiled and nodded naively. With a fake grin I unlocked the gate and literally ran to my car.

When I got inside my car I turned it on and was about to leave Seven’s driveway when a white piece of paper on the passenger’s side caught my eye. I picked it up and started to read the paper:

Anna…

To Be Continued!