Chapter 16.

"You memorized the path to take?" I asked Jace one we got to where I was dropping him off.

"Yeah, I know this path like the back of my hand" he grinned at me. I rolled my eye's at him, fighting the urge to smile at him.

"Good, then you should have no trouble," I nodded at him.

"See ya on the other side" he joked around, saluting me as he turned to start making his way to the warehouse.

I rolled my eye's at him, then restarted the car and made my way to the warehouse. As I drove, I thought of several different things to say, or different possibility's of the outcome. And basically they were all with me being careful in my words and hoping Kyle doesn't butt in with the wrong thing to say.

As I pulled up to the warehouse, I saw Kyle sitting in his car waiting on me. As soon as he saw me, he jumped out of his car and came up to mine.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? Approaching it this way, I mean" he asked.

"Kyle, are you getting cold feet?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "do you want to call off the plan today and risk your sister?" I asked, trying to get rid of his anxiety and put in its place, fierceness and concern for his sister. Because that would surely help us get through the night.

"No, i'm good" he said, straightening his spine and his cold feet now gone.

"Good" I gave him a smile. "then let's get in there, we have probably 40 minutes of sure time" I said glancing at my watch.

Kyle nodded and followed my lead as we made our way inside the warehouse. As usual, Cody greeted us when we first walked in, but because it was a weird time, he patted me down like he did to Kyle yesterday. His hands started patting down my calves, but stopped when the got to my combat boots and then he checked my other leg. I mentally grinned at my thought of bringing my pocket gun and stuffing it in my right boot, and my knife in my left.

He pated down Kyle next and then we were able to go inside, as soon as we walked in I noticed that Bane was out of his office and checking on something close to the area where I was somehow going to get him to talk to me anyway.

 This was definitely turning out to be easier than expected so far, and I just hoped it was going to keep going just a smooth from here.

I saw Bane leaning over something checking it out as he talked to some guy, probably buying more gun's or drugs. I got closer to him and waited about 10 or more feet away from him, that way he knows i'm waiting for him but I'm not going to approach him.  He glances up to see me and gives me a curious look.

"I'll be with you in a minute Kat, just let me close this" he called gesturing to the crates and stuff. I nodded and walked about 30 feet into the clear area, Kyle stood next to me and we waited together.

____________________________________________________________________

Jace's POV

I glance back to see her car gone and then start forwards again. Walking carefully, one foot in front of the other, part for amusement, and another for just being extra careful, I started up the path sneaking my way through the line-sight of each and every camera the warehouse has.