Chapter 17.

Jace's POV

as I'm looking through the snipers scope, i can see lips moving but i cant hear anything. so suddenly i see everyone jerk their head the the door and i quickly scan to the door, i see those two guys that were out here earlier, laughing and talking. running in panting and shouting franticaly about something.

whatever they say leads everyone into pannic, except Kat, who is just standing there motionless and with a ghostly white face.

my heart rate spikes for a second, nothing ever scares Kate that bad. i start to wonder what it is when Kyle starts trying to move her and get her to leave, then suddenly some words pass through her lips that i cant make out. Kyle try's tugging on her harder but then suddenly she shouts something and i could almost make it out. the next thing i knew, Kyle picked her up and was trying to haul her out with everyone else who was franticllay trying to get out.

but then i hear it.  

"Jace!!!" she screams.

my eyes widen and i jerk back, whatever it is, she needs me down there. not up here for a Sniper. i quickly push back and then notice my surroundings, i feel something hot and look acorss the way. the walls of the building have fire all over them, even where i came up is blocked by fire seeping out the top of the roof.

now i know what she was shouting about, Fire. and it's everywhere.

I quickly get to my feet and am about to move to try and find a way down, when suddenly. the building creak and groans really loudly and i feel a rumble under my feet. this cannot be good at all.

I slowly and carely try to make my way to the edge of the building so i dont make anything shift, but then it doesnt matter. becasue suddenly.. the roof caves beneath my feet. 

the ground litterally falls from underneath me and my arms start flailing. but it stops all too soon, i land on the piece of roof with my ankle at a weird angle, and i hear a snap. but before a scream could even make it's way out of my mouth, my knee hits the ground and it breaks as well. becasue of the pain i couldnt even stand on my knee's and colasps to the ground.

but hefore my amrs could catch me in that split second it had taken me to fall, i hit my head and everything goes black. 

____________________________________________________________________ 

Kat's POV

I watch in horror as the building creaks louder and louder, even Kyle stopped in place as the noise got more audible. Then to make it even worse, the roof suddenly gives in, right where Jace was.