Chapter 2.

I walked out of the bathroom all dressed for the party, When Jen sees me she does a little squeal. I looked at her an raise an eyebrow, we had been talking since I got back from Jace's room and have really gotten to know her, well as best as I could in 3 hours. And my first conclusion of her was right, she's half Barbie, normal one minute then extremely perky like a Barbie the next, and her squealing just now told me she was in Barbie mode.

"Oh my gosh! That outfit is so cute!" She gushed.

"Really? Not to plain?" I asked looking down at my clothes, I had on a long shirt/dress with leggings and my combat boots, My hair still up in it pony tail and my glasses still on.

"No! It's cute, I wish I had something like that"

"Okay cool"

"So when's your friend getting here?" She asked, now in her normal state. I shook my head a little bit, she switched modes fast.

"Here should be here any-" I was cut off my a knock at our door. "Speak of the Devil and he shall appear" I smiled opening the door.

"Were you talking about me?" Jace asked with a bright, yet cocky smile on his face.

"Maybe, maybe not" I said popping one hip out with a slight smile on my face.

"Ooh, is this Jace?" Jen asked looking around me, she stuck her hand out. "I'm Jennifer, but you may call me Jen" she said with a flirty smile on her face.

"Nice to meet you Jen" he smiled politely then turned back to me "so are we ready to go to this party or what? i'm ready for some fun" he said wiggling his eyebrows, i smacked his arm.

"if thats the reason why you want to go, then maybe I will just have to leave you here"I said crossing my arms and lifting my head a little bit.

"I was just kidding Kat, and you know it" he rolled his eyes at me.

"uh huh, sure" he gave me a disbelieving look but I didn't budge, the next thing i knew he swooped me up and over his shoulder then threw me onto his bed. "don't you dar- Jace!!" i started laughing as he tickled my sides.

"i'll stop when you say you believe me!" he sang, still tickling me. just like him to find my tickle spots.

"never!" i got out while laughing, he started tickling me harder making me laugh more. "okay, okay! I give, I believe you!" he stopped tickling me then held out a hand to help me up. grabbed it and he hauled me off of the bed, i looked over to see Jen smiling at us. "what?"

"oh nothing, y'all just make a cute couple" I choked.

"were not dating" I said laughing a little, I looked at Jace to see him with an unreadable expression on his face. "were just friends, i've known him forever" i told her, she nodded a little while looking between us.

"yeah that makes sense, but you could have fooled me" she said with a chuckle, telling me she still didn't really believe me.

"yeah, just friends"Jace spoke up with an awkward chuckle at the end, he cleared his throat "so we ready to go?" he clapped his hands together, a big smile on his face again.

"yep! lets go" Jen said in her perk Barbie voice again. i rolled my eyes but followed after her, Jace walking right behind.

~

When we got to the party, the music could be heard from the bottom outside of the building, so inside was basically deafening. we walked in and Jen had her arm through mine, leading me around trying to find her friends. I lost Jace the second we walked in the room because of the amount of people Inside, but I knew I would find him later so i didn't worry about it.