Chapter 3.

I opened my eyes and looked toward the window, it was sunrise. And I still didn't have toe in class till 10, since it was college after all. I got out of bed and got dressed in some running clothes, the went me door quietly and knocked on Jace's door. When he opened it he was drubbing the sleep from his eyes yawning, I rolled my eyes at him and waited till he was ready.

"We'll good morning to you too" I said sarcastically, entering the room after he opened the door wide enough for me to walk in.

"What are we doing up this early? Class doesn't even start till 10, I thought we would be able to get a little more rest than usual." He complained in a groggy voice.

"Either way I still get up around this time because of my internal alarm clock, so you and me are going running." He rolled his eyes at me but went to get dressed. After he was done we headed outside to go running around the campus. After about 2 minutes of silent running we slowed down to a jog, and I finally broke the silence.

"So tell me something about you that I don't know"

"Me, me? Or Jace, me?" He asked with a smirk.

"You you, you idiot" I said playfully pushing him.

"Alright, um" he thought for a second. "When I was 12, I had my last year of a normal life"

"What do you mean? I thought you said 15 is when you started?" I asked confused.

"Yes, that is true. But you also know that you have to train before start, right?" I nodded. " so that's what happened. My dad pulled my out of school and put me with the other kids that grew up in this kind of life, they taught me the basics and what I needed to know. Though they don't do that good of job." He said with a chuckle.

"They taught me how to shoot, and how to use a knife. But they never taught me anything like you did, just the basics so we would know- incase we needed to defend ourselves. I had no friends growing up, no one did. They wouldn't let you be friends there, they tried to make you emotionless robots, control everything you do. I never did want to get into the business, but my father made me, and you couldn't really get out once your in- without dying that is."

"My father was one of the top people they had, much like you are where you work. Except I'm sure you could take him on any day" he chuckled and I smiled, I didn't realize that we had stopped running and had sat down on the grass nearby.

"My mom never wanted me or my brother in the business, but she couldn't really stop it. And when I turned 13 they took me away from her, my brother had already left us 2 years before and I was all she had left. Well except when my dad would come home every now and then."

"Now your turn, tell me something about you" he said after it was quit for a minute.

"Not much to tell" I mumbled wrapping my arms around my knees and leaning my head on them.

"Oh I'm sure you could think of something... You said a few days ago that when you got into this, it was because you had nothing. What did you mean by that?" He re-opened our unfinished conversation from when we were sparing.

"Exactly what I had said, I had nothing... Sorta like you, you were taken away from everything you loved. Well everyone I loved was taken from me, my parents died when I was 6 in a warehouse explosion. They were the only thing I had, if they ever went away for a mission like that they would always leave me with Greg, so he was already used to taking care of me. So after they died, he just took me in permanently" I said with an emotionless voice.

"I don't remember much of how or what happened that day, I might have just blocked it out. I just remember someone telling me that my mom and dad can't come home, so I was going to stay with Greg. From then on when he couldn't watch me, he would just send me to training."