Prolog

"Come on, keep going.. Put your all into it!" I told Sam as he was punching the bag " come on! Only 20 seconds left, give it your very last!" I cheered him on as I held the bag in place for him, the timer finally went off and I called it. "Very good, now your turn to hold it for me" I told him smiling.

"Ready" he leaned against the bag, I finished strapping my leather gloves on then started on the bag.

Whack!

Whack!

"So just a random question" Sam says as he hold the bag in place.

Whack!

Whack!

"Okay, shoot" I said in between punches.

Whack!

"When did all of this start for you?" He asked curiously.

Whack!

Whack!

"When I was 6" I answered simply.

"6? But why?.... That's really young"

"Just because-" whack! "-circumstances at the-" whack! "-time."

"What type? What would make you start at such a young age?"

"I had nothing"I said quietly, but he still heard and it made him stop talking for a second.

Bam! I sent a round house kick to the bag, then a punch combo with a few more kicks.

"What about you? How did you get into this mess?" I asked him after I stopped, I grabbed the hand pads and strapped them on.

"Family business" he said getting into fighting stance.

"Brothers? Or Dads?"

Smack!

"Both" smack, smack! He started sparing with me, hitting the pads on my hands. "I guess you could say that, that type of business ran in the family. It was basically a requirement when you turned 15 to get into the business"

"15? Isn't that a little young?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

"Isn't 6 a little young?" He shot back, raising his eyebrow with a smirk on his face.

"Touché" I rolled my eyes. "What I meant was-" I was cut off by my phone ringing, I had to answer because only Greg calls my phone. "Hello?"

"Sadie, can you and Sam come to my office ASAP. I have another mission for you" Greg said through the phone.

"Absolutely, we will be there" I said and hit the end button when he hung up.

"We will be where?" Sam asks as he takes off his gloves.

"Greg called us to the office"

"Do you know what for?"

"Yeah, we got another mission" I smirked.

"Any details?" He said with a little enthusiasm.

"Nope. Not yet, we gotta get them up in his office...." We both shared a look.

"Race ya!" We shouted at the same time, and both darted for the door.

We raced out of the gym, pushing each other and laughing as we did so. I pushed pass him and made my way running up the stairs first, when we reached the main floor Sam somehow managed to push past me and get out the door first. Turning around for a split second, he stuck his tongue out at me and then darted away.