don't shoot.

Reid woke up to see bright mall lights. JJ was running her fingers through his hair and stroking his cheek gently. Morgan had his hand holding Reid's head off the ground. "Spence," JJ whispered as her mascara stained cheeks came into focus. "What, what happened?" he whispered as he felt his face. It was bloody. "Look Reid don't move the paramedics are on their way, they've got Robert cornered." Reid looked to the corner parallel to him to see the man, Robert Daniels crying and panicking. The man had six guns of six officers pointed at him. "Don't shoot," Reid whispered, struggling to keep his eyes open. "What?" Morgan asked as Reid heard a loud gunshot. "No, no," Reid said moving JJs hand off of his face. "What the hell was that!" Reid yelled to the officers moving towards the man, who was bleeding heavily from his shoulder. Reid attempted to apply pressure to the wound. "Hey you can't-" an officer said trying to move Reid off the man. "Leave him alone." JJ said quietly to the officer. "Hey, hey stay with me." Reid said quietly to the man as tears streamed down his face. The man began to cry as he placed his hand on Reid's bloody face. "I'm so sorry, I'm so, I'm, so," the man stuttered. "Look Robert don't move, you're loosing too much blood." Reid said as the man began to shut his eyes. "Do you think I'll see them again? Will, they like me?" the man said quietly. Reid sniffled and nodded his head. The man smiled softly as he shut his eyes. Reid watched as the man took his last breath. Reid felt tears filling in his eyes as he began to cry. "Hey Reid," Morgan said coming to take Reid away from the man. Reid hugged Morgan tightly as he cried on his shoulder. "Look, Reid the paramedics are here. You blacked out. You're gonna need stitches, okay?" Reid let go and nodded his head as JJ grabbed his hand. Reid looked at his shoes and walked with her. "Spence." JJ said softly to him as she lifted his head up and held his cheeks. "We're safe." Reid tried to smile as he nodded his head. JJ kissed his cheek and gave him a gentle hug. "The team is on their way. You and I both know we're ready to leave." JJ said laughing, patting Reid gently on the back. Reid tried his best to grin, and hold back the tears.