'Chapter 8

Martin's PoV:

     I was about to go to sleep when I sneeked in Hailey's room to see if she was ok. I found her sleeping on the bed she was cute and peaceful but I could sense that she was feeling cold.I went back in my room to grab a blanket.I wrapped her in the red blanket and went to close the blinds, when I felt like someone was starring at me.I turned around and found Hailey looking at me half asleep. She was so alluring. I wanted to sit on her bed and talk all night. But I had to keep strong and not melt like an ice cream!

"I thought that you wanted to sleep cause you looked really tired".I said.

"Umm, thanks for the blanket", she bit her lower lip.I felt like butterflies in my stomach, cause I really like it when she does it!

"I have to tell you something Martin about the drink thing".She answered me back.

I did not let her finish the sentence. She really was exhausted so I decided to cut her off. "Hail, let's talk about it tomorrow. You're tired just don't worry about it".

However she continued to persist about telling me."But Martin it's important......... I did not ditched you that same day my grandma had an accident and I was alone. I called the ambulance and  I forgot my phone in my room. It's the truth you can ask Julian. He wanted to tell you what happened but apparently you did not want to listen. I'm sorry Martin."

I was shocked by her words. How could I be so bastard and idiot with her! 'Jeez. How could I thought bad things about her'.

"Listen,Hail you're tired. Let's talk about it tomorrow". I could not say anything better than this! I was about to get up from her bed when I felt her fingers on my arm. Her fingers were so warm against my bare arms. I was so angry with my self for not listening to her or to Julian.'Idiot, Idiot,Idiot', I could hear my inner thoughts.

"Hail,just sleep and don't worry. I am the one who has to worry cause I did not listen to you or Julian".I wanted to go to my room and just sleep and forget about everything.I kissed her forehead "Sweet dreams". I could not pause my feelings for her but thanks god I only kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight".I headed straight to my room.My mind was heavy with thoughts.I could not believe that I still had a chance with Hailey. 'Should I ask her out again.' 'Should I tell her straight away my feelings what I feel for her'.I was so immersed in my thoughts that I bumped into Julian.

"Mart, where is Hailey?", he asked me scared.

"She's resting",I told him  trying to lower my voice.

"Ok.I thought that she went out all alone".He replied more relaxed ,now that he knew where Hailey was."Martin, don't let her go out the house all alone cause she can get lost!".He seemed more like her guardian angel.

"Yeah sure, Julian".

"Promise me."Why was he so protective. I also want to be protective."I am telling you all of this cause her parents told me to look after her and I want to please them.Especially her dad cause , well .......I don't know in the future what will happen between me and.......her".

"WHAT?", I snapped back at Julian. "You have feelings for her too?"

"Why, you feel something towards her?",Julian asked me

God, Julian is developing feelings for Hailey also!  "I mean ...I don't feel anything for her". I told him.Why was I lying to my bestfriend.

"So why did you said too?"

"Did, I said too?", I giggled "No,Jul.......I'm still angry with her for what ditching me".

"About that "Julian replied "I she did-"