+Chapter Twenty One+

Leah's P.O.V~

I thought this new change in my life was going to be special. I thought it was going to be filled with fun and action and so many other things, but. . .now look at it. It's nothing but a nightmare. I'm living a nightmare.

At the sudden thought, I feel my chest tighten with pain of sadness.

We sit in the car, Cole in the front driving and that's pretty much it. I wish someone else had come along with us so that he had someone to talk to besides me. Yeah, he tried starting up a conversation, but that ended when I clearly showed that I didn't want to talk.

He's worried, I can tell. He's hurting, I can tell. . . But do I care right now?

Sadly, no. The only thing I care about right now is, well, nothing.

How do I feel? Sad.

Am I okay? No.

Will I ever be alright again? No, not with what happened to me.

I just had to give Cole a second chance didn't I? If I hadn't given him that chance then I'd still be human right now. I'd still be the nerd of school.

Speaking of school, that ship has sailed. After all the days I've missed you better believe that I'd be a stranger if I walked through those doors again. I never liked it anyways. Yeah, I was a nerd but who cares.

"You've been awfully quiet Leah, you alright?" Cole asked, glancing over at me in concern.

Hesitating, I responded with: "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

I hummed in response, turning my head to look outside the car window. Green trees flowed by in a blur, birds flying from one tree to another and feeding their little ones.

I sighed, shifting in my spot to get more comfortable. This is going to be a long ride.

>>>

"Ugh I'm never spending eight hours in a car with you ever again. You farted too many times." Dana said, fanning his nose as if he can still smell Davids' fart's.

"What can I say? Those bean burritos go right through me." He stated casually, rubbing his stomach. I hugged myself, feeling the cold air whip around me. It's night time.

"Well next time pick a burger." Dana glared.

"Yeah, we'll be making so many stops if I do." Gross.

"Dude!" Dana scolded, pushing David away.

He ended up tumbling into me, pushing me back but not hard enough to knock me down. He's heavy tho.

"Sorry, Luna." David apologized. I shook it off and began walking away, feeling theirs eye's on me as I did.

Third Person P.O.V

Cole stared longingly after Leah, a sadness hitting the pit of his stomach. What's wrong with her? I thought everything went back to normal, he thought, running his hand through his hair.

Another car came slowly down the gravel driveway, and then another, and then another. Soon enough the three cars stopped next to each other. Cole smelled the air and recognised the scent of Daniel, Leah's cousin.