+Chapter seven+

Leah's P.O.V~

There were trees glowing beautifully in the distance from where I'm standing. The grass looked like it was cut freshly, but when I looked around it didn't seem like a place where humans lived to actually take care of this tropical place. The sky was purple, pink, and red all mixed together creating a masterpiece of a panting, but it wasn't a panting, it was the sky.

Any minute the sun should be gone and I would be cascaded all around by darkness. There was not a sound, not a chirp of a bird or a melody of a cricket; nothing. It made me feel alone, but yet again ever since I turned into a Lycan I've always felt alone. But when I'm with Cole, he seems to take it all away. The darkness, the horrid nightmares, the loneliness; everything.

I believe it's because of the mate bond we have, however, something tells me otherwise. No animals were seen near by, not one and that makes me feel uneasy of where I am. That was the question after all; where am I?

This place surely isn't earth nor does it feel like earth. Then what is this place? Those two questions made me feel all kinds of things and for one feeling I felt was unsure. How could I be sure if I'm safe? Or if I'm alive?

Wait, am I alive? I don't remember dying nor do I remember anything other than the basics. Like Cole and our mate bond, my family and friends, and then some other simple things. I'm sure it'll all come back to me when I find out where I am.

The sun set behind the mountains and soon enough stars filled the sky lighting it up to make me feel less alone in the darkness. Oddly, the sky was illuminated with more stars than I've ever seen and usually the sky wasn't as clustered as it is now.

I had to remind myself that this probably wasn't earth, so I let it go as nothing, but it still bugged me.

Everything from afar looked beautiful with the illuminated sky shining down on it. The river glistened and reflected the light of the stars and the trees swayed back and forth with the chilly wind. But I wasn't cold, I was surprisingly warm.

I slowly walked over to the river and stepped into the grass that had blue flowers in bunches all around in random places. The grass was longer than it was from where I used to stand. The mountains were dark, almost pitch black if it wasn't for the moon and stars.

I finally took the time to acknowledge how beautiful and colorful the sky looked, it was different and nothing I've ever seen before. The sky started out at first as a dark blue then as my eyes trailed down the sky it got lighter and the colors changed from blue to an almost turquoise green and blue. No trees were spotted in my sight, but if I looked back then I'd see them.

It's beautiful, everything is and I wish life was as beautiful as the sight before me. What a world we would be living in.

A noise from behind me made me jump and turn around gasping in the process. My eyes searched for the location of the noise, but I saw nothing. Just the image I've been seeing for the last half hour or so I think.

The noise became louder and my breathing increased a bit.

"Who's there?" I called out.

The only response I got was silence other than the sound of the waters from the river slapping against each other.

At this point I couldn't move nor could I stop my breathing. I was truly frightened that an animal or something would come out and kill me. But would that happen? I never once saw another living creature since I've been here; wherever here is.