Chapter 12

"Mommy's home!" Sofia's voice sang as both her and Maddie came running to greet her.

"Yeah, it's about time," Emmett grumbled as he leaned against the door frame.

Jackie chuckled before sticking out her lip at him. "What, no kiss?" she fake pouted.

"I guess," Emmet replied walking towards her. It was always hard for him to stay mad at her for any length of time.

Both girls were still wrapped around Jackie's legs as she looked down at both of them. "We're you good for Emmy?" she asked them, using Sofia's favorite pet name for him.

"Yep!" Sofia shouted while Maddie nodded her head.

As Jackie walked towards the couch to sit down, Sofia filled her in on their day. The doorbell rang soon after as Emmett had already ordered a pizza for dinner.

"Is it stuffed crust?" Sofia questioned him.

"You know it!" Emmett hollared with a big goofy grin on his face. Jackie couldn't help but smile. Sometimes she wondered if she had two kids or three.

The girls carefully sat down on the floor with their pizza and insisted on watching Despicable Me. Of course the part where the girls ask Gru for stuffed crust got a huge laugh and Jackie swore she even heard Maddie giggle out loud.

Soon after it was bath time followed by their bed time and Emmett, for some time now, had become a part of this routine- tucking the girls in, reading a bed time story and kissing them good night.

Jackie and Emmett tucked them in, each giving the girls a kiss and wishing them good night. As they turned to leave and shut the light off, a small soft voice called out.

"G'night Mommy," Maddie paused, G'night Emmy," she said.

Emmett quickly flipped the light back on and both Jackie and him rushed over to her side.

"You spoke!" They exclaimed simultaneously.

The little girl nodded.

"All right, baby girl!" Emmett shouted as he lifted Maddie up out of bed and twirled her around.

Jackie beamed at her little girl and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "Is there anything else you'd like to say?" she asked excitedly.

Maddie nodded her head again. With all seriousness, she looked deep into Emmett's eyes. "When are you going to marry Mommy so you can be our new Daddy?" she asked.

A huge grin grew across his face as he turned to look at Jackie.

"Soon, I think," he answered her. "Very soon."

***
The next day was pretty uneventful for Jackie. As it was the last few weeks of school, with finals and graduation, no one seemed too interested in skipping or playing sick.

Earlier that morning Edward had been in to pay her a visit. It seemed Jacob had finally decided to show up to see Bella and she had gone off with him to do some talking. Jackie had wished he had waited till after school, but handed Edward Bella's excusal anyways.

As Edward turned to go, he was sure he had heard the words Jacob and warewolf. He turned back around but Jackie was preoccupied with paper work. Unsure of anything, since he still couldn't decipher her thoughts, he began to walk out. A chill ran up his spine at what he thought he'd heard next. There was no misunderstanding and Edward shuddered as she looked right at him and thought the words again- Cold ones.

* uh oh, dun dun dun... I think someone's finally starting to figure things out! *

*Sorry for the short update, but since it had been almost a month since chapter 10, I thought you guys deserved a few chapters :)*

*let me know what you think!*