Chapter 7

Relief flooded over Emmett, as Jackie's truck pulled into the driveway. With her back turned towards him as she climbed out of the truck, Emmett flashed over to her. Her curls danced with the gust of wind he created. Jackie gasped at the sudden appearance of Emmett in front of her.

"Where have you been?" he questioned. "Don't you know I've been worried sick?"

"What?" Jackie furrowed her eyebrows actually becoming a little angry. "Why?" she demanded, afterall she was a grown adult.

"Have you checked your phone?" he asked, irritation rising I'm his voice.

Pulling her phone out of her back pocket, Jackie instantly felt guilty. There were over seven text messages and three voice mails.

"Emmett, I'm sorry," she apologized. "I didn't mean to make you worry. I was down at the reservation and I must have not had any service," she explained.

Emmett's eyes suddenly narrowed. Now he smelled it, it was faint, but it was there. It angered him, smelling them on his mate.

"The reservation?" he snarled in disgust. "What were you doing there?" he questioned, demanding an answer.

"I was giving immunizations to children and elderly people," she snapped. "Trying to help people, you know? Saving lives. Is that okay with you?" she blurted angrily wondering if Billy was right about the Cullen's.

Emmett ran his fingers through his hair, as he tried to calm down. Jackie didn't know about the treaty nor did she know anything about warewolves or vampires. It wasn't her fault and she certainly hadn't done anything on purpose.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I just got a little worried," he said. "When I tried to get a hold of you and couldn't, I panicked," he apologized. "Maybe next time you could just text your worry wort of a boy friend?" he suggested.

"Boyfriend?" she smirked. "Don't you think we're a little old for that?"

He smirked back, "So you're not denying that I am, though."

A lopsided grin was all he got in response.

"All right lover boy, I need you to move so I can get the girls up to bed," she instructed.

"Why don't you go take a nice hot shower and let me carry the girls up to bed," he suggested instead; not because he was a lot stronger than her and it would be easier for him, but he couldn't stand smelling that warewolf stink on her anymore.

Jackie agreed and headed up the stairs to get into the shower while Emmett put the girls to bed. She had just finished wrapping a towel around herself and walked into the hall when she collided with Emmett. She would have fallen backwards had it not been for his strong arms grabbing her and quickly steadying her.

In his mind, Emmett was going crazy. The woman he loved stood before him. Her enticing wet body calling to him, seductively wrapped in a towel that he longed to rip to shreds. He shook his head slightly, hoping to get his thoughts straight.

"I-I'll be downstairs," he stammered before passing her in the hallway and retreating downstairs.

Smiling, Jackie walked into her room. As she dug threw her underwear drawer, she debated whether she should continue torturing Emmett or not. She pulled out a short, silky pink nightgown with black lace trim followed by a matching black lace g-string and quickly pranced down the stairs.

Emmett gulped when he saw her. She seductively swung her hips as she walked over to him. A large grin grew across her face, clearly she enjoyed the effect she had on him.

Standing in between his legs, she grabbed his face and teased him by running her hands threw his hair instead of kissing him like he thought. As one strong arm, snaked around her waist, he gently placed her in his lap, adjusting her legs so they straddle his thighs.

Emmett couldn't deny, he definitely liked what he was seeing, he was just afraid he might lose control.

"Why were you trying to get a hold of me earlier?" she asked in between kissing his neck.

"Uh," he struggled to think as her hands began rubbing up and down his chest. "Um," he tried again but kept getting distracted by the wiggling of her bare ass that he had gripped tightly in both of his hands.

"Esme," he finally remembered. "Esme wanted me to invite you over for Easter dinner on Sunday," he informed her.

"Hm, sounds lovely," she replied smiling seductively while she slowly unbuttoned his shirt.

He decided right then and there that this was torture. Pure. Unadulterated. Torture.

He took back every comment, every joke about Edward still not doing Bella. He felt vulnerable and yet he knew he could overpower her with his pinky finger. He sat there, helpless and exposed with his shirt undone and his arms tightly around her. Her soft, delicate body, pressed against his powerful chest. A fire burned in him as he grabbed at her, drawing her even closer, as though he could meld their bodies into one.

Her fingers dug into the thick muscles on his shoulders and a faint moan escaped her lips as her tongue expertly tangled with his.

From somewhere deep inside him, Emmett let out a feral growl. He was slowly losing control.

"I can't do this he said," as he slightly pushed her body away from his.
Jackie looked heartbroken.

"Trust me," Emmett said, grabbing her face and looking her deep in the eyes, "I want you, oh god how I want you," he paused, "But I just can't."

"But why?" Jackie pouted, sticking her bottom lip out ever so slightly and batting her long beautiful eye lashes at him.

"I just, grew up differently," he said.

Jackie seemed to contemplate what he said for a moment but didn't press the issue further.

"Well, when you put it that way," she said and quickly hoped off his lap.

"It's no biggie," she shrugged. "I really didn't want to anyways."

"Are you serious?" he questioned, his voice raising incredulously.

She padded barefoot over to the front door, opening it and gesturing for him to get out.

"Yeah, it's late and I really need to get to bed anyways," she said stretching her arms over her head and stifling a fake yawn.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked as he stood up and walked over to the door.

"No," she answered simply and honestly. "I just like torturing you," she winked. With that she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, goodnight.

Emmett stood for a moment, staring at the door in utter disbelief. Had the player just been out played, he wondered. Not that he had been playing jackie, but still- he shook his head. He had definitely met his match. He'd always said Rosalie was his angel. But this woman, she, was the anti-christ.