Chapter 22 - He's up to something

Alex:

Grace nuzzled herself against the wall, her eyes widened and pointed on the persons talking there. She wanted to run up to Nigel, wrapping her arms around him, cuddling him, being grateful for what he'd done. She wanted to give him her apology. This all happened because of her. She refused to take Nigel his help - though it was messed up an perhaps insane. He'd killed someone, brutally. But in the end he all did it for her.

A tear left her eye corner, and she had to keep herself from snorting as she brushed it away - this time smearing blood on her cheek by herself. She bit on her lower lip, thought about dying this time. She didn't wanted this anymore. She wanted to collapse. To sink through her knees and cry, waiting till death and she would met. But she didn't gave up, not yet at least. She had gave Alex her promise - though she didn't thought she would actually help him in the beginning - and she wanted to be with Nigel. He wasn't dead, not yet at least, and that meant there had to be a way of escaping - or surviving.

She had silently followed the guards while Nigel got dragged with them, waiting for the perfect moment till she would finally have the courage to safe him - but she couldn't find it. Her legs felt like jelly and her hands were trembling as her head pounded. She felt weak, exhausted by her previous attack - though it had gave her so much adrenaline. Nevertheless she didn't gave up.

A strange version of panic overwhelmed Grace when she realized where they were walking to. It was the spot where the two dead man lied. The place that would serve Nigel death, and if Grace would help it would serve her death too. Grace her fingertips wrapped around the corner of the wall again, and her blue/green eyes scanned the corridor where the guard and Nigel walked through - or well, Nigel got rather dragged than he walked. Just as expected, the guards freaked out - and one of them even more as they realized what happened. The thing Grace felt even more sorry for now? The fact that they would suspect Nigel from killing two guards instead of one - though they would've punished hi too if it were only one, but still. And so did Grace had to watch how Nigel got beaten up, on the exact same way she had killed the guard. Her eyes filled with tears, and she roughly dropped her body against the wall as she pressed her hands against her mouth, trying to cry in silence - but she couldn't. Her hands, clothes, face, all covered with tiny and large spots of blood but she couldn't care. Not for what she'd done to Nigel.

When she finally heard the bat stopping from making knocking sounds, she finally dared to gaze again - only to see if Nigel actually still lived, though she didn't wanted to. With her trembling fingers she searched for the corner of the wall again, and she peeked at it to glance at Nigel - which was sitting against the wall now. She held her breath, seeing how he was still alive and suddenly...

...

There she stood, alone in the corridor where she'd seen all the things a few minutes ago. Again she began to sob, not even care about sobbing audible, and she slowly walked up to the office door - neither caring about the way she got visible now. Visible for all who would walk through the corridors. She pressed her hands against her lips, shaking her head as she wondered what happened behind that door. The door was opened, just by a little crack, and Grace tried her upper best to gaze through it.

Grace parted her lips, trying to breath normally as she listened carefully - hoping she would pick up their conversation if they would talk. Nigel took the arm from Doctor Harmon. It was weird to see Nigel's glance change, as if he recognized Dr. Harmon as a trusting person - since he wrapped his arms around him and hid his face in his neck as if they'd been the biggest friends. But then the difference came, since Nigel suddenly seemed to realize it wasn't the person he supposed to see.

There it was, her name mentioned in their sentences - because of course, she was escaped and it was noticeable. What did she had to do now? Running up to Nigel and saying she was there, playing hide and seek, not even helping him while he'd been in trouble? Just walking up to that office and getting in? She couldn't of course, so she kept staring through the little opening in the door, hoping that Nigel would be alright.