Chapter nine - Trouble and punishment

Alex:

A satisfied feeling rushed through Grace her body as soon as she noticed Nigel enjoying her touch, and went on toward his neck as she parted his lips. Her eyes were lightly narrowed, thinking about several things. Suddenly she was confused. Something was messing up with her mind without permission. Alex. She found a way to shut him out, though, but it made her feel dizzy in her head. She inhaled deeply, smiling lightly - the confuse recognizable in her eyes.

'I hope this will mend the pain a little. And he is dead, indeed, but yet here.' She smiled politely and stroked through his hair again, looking at the collar of his dress which was revealing a part of his pale chest. 'He's looking after you. He'll always be here, with you.'

A soft laugh escaped her throat, and she shook her head as she saw Nigel's confused expression. Of course he didn't understood what was happening. He was totally brainwashed.

'Perhaps we should stop talking about Jack now, I see that you're more interested in the massage after all - or at least it's more useful at the moment. Sit and relax, okay? Tell me where it hurts.'

Before Grace could actually even finish her sentence, Nigel had already closed his eyes, and she smiled again. Mathilda growled, passing them as she looked full of disgust - as if Grace did anything wrong.

'Stop trying,' she hissed. 'Nobody likes you!'

Grace didn't pay any attention to it, though. She just kept staring at Nigel, being satisfied and proud about the fact she was helping somebody out. A guy who she had to meet - a fate Jack had told her.

She suddenly startled as soon as Nigel jerked her hand away, completely out of nowhere, and the pulled back the both of her hands as she backed off - crawling away for a couple of centimeters so their faces couldn't touch each other if that would even happen.

'I'm sorry!' she squeaked. 'It wasn't my intention to scare you, I just tried to help, that's all!'

'She's a witch!' Mathilda yelled as she pulled her nasty little finger at Grace. She suffered from rheumatism, that was definitely recognizable. 'She's a witch! She tries to curse the boy, destroying his cure!'

'Shut it Mathilda,' Grace gritted back.

'You're a child of Satan!'

'I'm not!'

Nigel:

He had actually smiled shortly, before he was shaken up roughly by that flashback. He had, not because he believed her, but because it was nice to imagine anyway.. The chuckle roused him from his peaceful place shortly, but not long enough to keep him from drifting back when she continued massaging his muscles one by one. He hadn't even heard Mathilda's insults. He was too far gone.. peaceful for once, at last. The more nasty it was when it was taken away from him.. And after he had recovered of the shock that the flashback brought, he was filled with sheer disappointment.. feeling that emptiness again.. that tiresome stress.

So when Mathilda started to take it out on the one person who had brought him that peace.. well.. he didn't take it to well. In fact his eyes flashed up at her with a look that had the darkness of the devil in it. He picked up one of the blocks she'd been playing with and smashed it against Mathilda's head violently and repeatedly, getting her down, begging and crying on the floor, until the guards came around finally to save the insane woman from the insane boy. They tried to pull him off of her but Nigel, in manner of speaking, had put his teeth into the girl. And once he smelled blood he wasn't going to let go. Eventually they had to shove a syringe down his neck to knock him into unconscious or they would've never been able to pry him off.