Chapter 29 - Don't you dare

Alex:

Just as Grace wanted to get up, Nigel suddenly wrapped his arms around her. Weakly she shoved her arms around his shoulders while burying her face in his neck. Softly she breathed against his skin, and she did her best to keep silence since this sudden move hurt her even more. I wasn't is fault, though - she kept saying to herself. It was hers. Her own.

She nodded lightly as she finally got released from his embrace, and her eyes didn't met his anymore. They kept resting on the spot in his neck. She looked small now. Smaller then normally with her shoulders withdrawn. She stood up now, walking toward the door to leave the room and going upstairs. In fact she did heard his words, but she didn't turned. She just kept standing in the door post with her left hand resting on the doorframe with her head lowered. Slowly she brushed her fingertips over the wood while nodding lightly. She smiled again, weakly mixed with grief, and she stepped away, walking toward the bathroom where she locked herself up.

Grace was weak now. And as she sat down on the toilet her head began to spin and hurt even more through her crying in silence. Her tears streamed over her cheeks, even though she didn't wanted it to, and as she tried to smile again - supporting herself by that - she whipped her tears away with the sleeves of her shirt like she'd done before. Nevertheless she couldn't stop sobbing.

Minutes passed. Five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes, seventeen minutes- And a silence had fell over the house. There was no sound in the bathroom. Everything was completely quiet...

Nigel:

He laid back down on the couch and curled his knees up to his chest. He didn't really mean to fall asleep but he was still exhausted of his time in the asylum so he fell asleep soon enough, only to jolt back up about twenty minutes later, haunted by gory images of torture. He didn't need to see this again so he forced himself to stay awake.. He then noticed something was wrong. Grace had been gone for quite some time now.

"Grace?" he called carefully, walking up to the bathroom. He stopped in front of it and knocked. "Grace? Are you alright?" He pushed his ear to the door and when there was no response he put his hand on the doorknob and saw it if was locked or not.

Alex:

The silence stayed when Nigel called for Grace. There came no response. There was nobody opening the door, and no face to stare at - no matter what kind of facial expression it would have. Sad, or happy. There was nothing. And Nigel kept staying in front of a closed door without somebody making a sound.

Nevertheless, the bathroom door was locked - which meant that there was indeed someone in there. It was Grace, of course, but unable to open the door since she was laying against the bathtub with her face paler then porcelain. She had wanted to take a bath when she went up, but never reached it. The water was still warm, but she wasn't in it. She wasn't even undressed.

Her sleeves were rolled up, and slowly she looked around. In fact she had heard Nigel calling for her, and she wanted to answer, but she was unable to control her body herself - and she was weakened. There she laid, covered in blood with her eyes all teary and her wrists cut. Slowly she sank away again, this time to close her eyes for good. The loss of the blood was so many...