Chapter four - A wake up call

Alex:

Alex had felt every tiny bit of pain running through his- what was it? Mind? He didn't understand it himself. He only knew that he probably opened the wrong door to his own eternity and that was, Alex was taking over Nigel his body. They would indeed get their eternity. They were indeed one mind split in two bodies. But now the one was completed, the other spirit could take in his place of the body too. Did they both made a mistake? Did Alex really take in Nigel his body?

Probably the only reason why Nigel managed it to run for so long - after he got bitten in his ankle - was because of the fact he was "feeding" from two energies. His own, and Alex his. For now it was at least a advantage, but it wouldn't for long.

It didn't took long for Alex to find Nigel when he'd dropped his body exhausted in the dirt surrounded by the bushes, and he sat down next to him as he waited for him to wake up. Meanwhile he waited, he decided to take care of Nigel his ankle, knowing it would might get infected otherwise. He didn't had the right tools for it though, but he at least stopped the bleeding by wrapping some fabric around it - very tightly.

Nigel seemed to be in a real deep sleep while Alex was doing that, and as soon as he finished, he broke the contact again - knowing he was snooping off Nigel his energy and power too. They had a big problem now, together. Alex couldn't wait for Nigel to wake up, but he did know he had to take his fullest rest. He had to tell Nigel about their connection, both sharing one body. Alex had to get his own body back- But where did Nigel left it? What had he actually done to it?

Nigel:

At first he dreamt of barking dogs, sniffing his face, of being brought back to the asylum. It was followed by another dream. The same one, though again a touch different. Alex was there but he was laying on the ground now, at least his lifeless body was. Again the temple started to collapse and well, Nigel knew how this ended, but suddenly he lost balance by the shaking and he stepped from his frozen state. He could move again. Could he save Alex? He ran up to him the moment the roof began to crumble, but he woke before the end of it.

He held still for a moment when he woke, trying to take in where he was. He expected to wake in his room again. But then why did he feel warm dirt and fallen leaves and branches underneath him? Why did the sun lit up his ghostly pale face? He sat up and looked around baffled, tiny leaves sticking out from his messy hair, his clothes soaking from picked up rain and a spot of dirt on his face. He remembered escaping the asylum now.. Remembered running. But he couldn't remember himself to get this far and he had never even expected himself to get this far without being caught. And where was Alex in all this? He moved down and noticed he wasn't wearing any socks or shoes and his feet had been bleeding - apparently he had ran the whole time on bare feet and he hadn't even realized this at the time - but he also noticed someone stitched up his ankle. It was messy work, really, but if it hadn't been done perhaps the dogs would have found him by the smell of blood. Question was who?

Alex:

The full moon had shone obliquely above Alex and Nigel their heads when Nigel had dropped his exhausted body in the bushes. Also Alex was dizzy and almost staggered on his feet - which he theoretically had not - both because of the abundance of effort and fatigue. It was long time since he had felt so weird. But the outburst of savage power in mental institute had dragged him in his rage and his special "shield" had wiped out by it. He still didn't know where the power came from. When he had been staring from his "refuge" with dismay at Nigel, it was suddenly surfaced behind him and it had given Nigel the ultimate chance to get away. And it was successful.