Chapter 36 - Setting the house on fire

Alex:

'Well if he sudden comes back to conscious again.' Grace smiled again and walked away then, her hands still folded together as her eyes slid along the path the took. 'I will,' she said hard enough for him to be heard. 'Don't worry.'

She quickly moved through the bushes and made her way toward the place where the body should still lay if it hadn't been moved yet. Her heart skipped lots of beats and her fingers slid over the bust from the trees which she passed speedily. She wetted her lips and for a moment she stood still, thinking she saw the slender figure from the ladies corpse, and so she did. Her light brown hair waved softly in the wind and her face was pale with senses of blue and yellow. Her bright blue eyes were opened, and almost her entire body was covered with snow. It was remarkable how the tough weather and nature hadn't affect the woman's body, but in their benefit of course.

With large steps Grace moved toward the body, and with the strength she had she tried to pull herself through the spiky bushes. Two cuts got created on her cheek as a branch scratched along her reddish cheeks, and after a few moments she fell on her knees. A soft moan escaped her throat when she realized there was something wrong with her wrists, but as soon as she turned around without being able to see Nigel she decided to be just quiet.

'Can't get worse,' she muttered to herself as she crawled up to the woman her body. With her bare little hands she started to dug into the snow to get the woman her body freed from the captivation she was currently in, and she clenched her teeth as she felt the coldness stinging in her skin.

'Christ, come on-'

Nigel:

After a while suddenly two cold hands closed around those of Grace, but the touch and smell was familiar as that of Nigel.

"Easy.. Come on, I'll help you."

He started to dig out the body along with her and pulled untill it broke lose from the snow. He lifted up the body then, - clearly entirely unaffected by the fact the body he was holding had been dead for a few days now.

"Let's go.." he turned and dragged the woman along to the car. Thanks to her empty, stiffened body it was only easy to carry her along. He put her in the back with the other victim, - stuffing a little untill he was able to close the cap.

"There, let's go before anyone shows up."

Alex:

Grace startled as soon as she suddenly felt two hands being wrapped around hers, and within a second she'd turned her head to look at the person behind her. Nevertheless it hadn't been necessary to do. The feeling of his skin, the shape of his hands and the smell of him had been already enough to recognize who it had been - and if she'd listened closely she could've perhaps even recognized by the way he breathed.

She'd smiled politely - just for a second - as he started to dig with her then, and together they continued so they were done after some minutes. Her hands were hurting now, but she couldn't care less. They had done it. Got themselves two bodies and they hadn't been caught - not yet at least...

It had been strange when they'd carried her toward the car. She'd been entirely stiff - since she was frozen - and the fact that her eyes were still widely opened with her facial expression standing on emotionless (or rather stoned) was scaring quite the hell out of her. But obviously she wasn't about to show that.

'We better,' Grace nodded as she got back into the car. She held her breath as Nigel tried to stuff the body into the car, and in her imagination she could see him accidentally breaking her arms and legs. She couldn't keep herself from laughing softly because of that, even though it made her lightly panic.