Chapter 28 - Merry Christmas Alex

Nigel:

"Then that makes two of us.." he mumbled, staring into his cup. He didn't react on the compliment. He wasn't sure if it was sarcastic or not.

He frowned when she started talking about his father, about that he should be precious to him. He even pulled a face at it eventually.

"Do you not hate your father for what he did then?"

He didn't wait for an answer. He just shook his head.

"No problem.." He swallowed away the last bit of tea and then put the empty cup away before jumping of the counter.

"Alex," he repeated in confirmation and he actually did smile again. He was afraid Grace may not be willing to go on with getting him back, since she was already free, but it seemed to be otherwise.

"I need to fetch his body. I know where it is. And then.. a way to get him back in it. And we need to find a way to get out of this area unseen."

Alex:

She nodded agreeing when he commented it were just the two of them then, and she took a large sip as she kept her eyes fixed on the ground. She wetted her lips and sighed softly, laughing afterwards - if it was only just a second.

'Of course I hate him. More then anyone.' She sighed again and shook her head. 'Nevermind. You don't understand...' She frowned lightly and pulled up her nostrils, again. 'No one seems to-'

Just as Nigel she took a large sip from her cup of tea and sulkily she spied on Nigel by gazing from under her dark curled lashes. She blinked a few times as she saw the smile appear on Nigel his face, what meant that her wish hadn't came true. She got off the kitchen dresser as well now. Her eyes slid over the floor again and she walked up to Nigel as she crocked her head.

'Where is his body? How do you know he's still there?' She emptied the cup and put it on the sideboard. Her eyes ran over Nigel his body again and she sighed as their eyes met. 'Everything on time. We just got here...' Her hand searched for his, and as soon as she'd found it she wrapped her fingers closely around it. 'Why the hurry?' Of course Grace knew that Nigel had been waiting for so long already to bring his "friend" back, but she tried to pretend like she didn't.

Nigel:

"I don't think I do, no.." he admitted, studying her shortly. He didn't press on about it, though. He had Alex on his mind now. That was all that mattered.

"In the mortuary.. No one ever questions a body when it's locked in a freezer that is meant to contain body's. Especially the place I put it, trust me.. Though.. It has been thirty years. But they have a graveyard near, I suppose they buried him there if they started to notice."

In his head he was already planning what to do next, trying to think of leapholes and how to avoid them. He didn't realize he'd been pacing around the room quickly until Grace caught his hand and held him still. He frowned at her openly.

"Hurry? Because he's dead of course. He's spent 30 years in purgatory. I have to get him out as soon as possible because I owe him that."

Alex:

Grace softly squeezed his hand and looked at him concerned. She did listened to his words, and how, and nodded as he spoke - staring at him with this little frown on her forehead. She wetted her lips again and inhaled deeply.

'A body will never be intact for so long. I won't be able to come back if the body isn't intact enough. You know that, don't you? God, please be sure they haven't buried me.' Grace placed her free hand on her forehead and sighed to moan softly after that. 'My head...' Grace whispered then. 'God...'