Grounder

My wide eyes scanned the beaten body of the grounder as he hung limp in front of me; stripped away from everything except for his pants. To see someone being abused to the point where no one could even bare to look at them made me feel like a worthless and vile person.  Like I could be doing something to help. Unfortunately, I knew my words weren't appreciated at the moment so I kept silent along with Octavia. We tried to stop them, Clarke and Bellamy, but they were keen on helping Finn and getting their answers. If they were on board then everyone else had to be on board. Torturing the grounder was something that has crossed my mind, but in the end it would only result with more enemies.

      "Enough!" Octavia screams through her dehydrated voice as Bellamy whips the grounder with the blood-red belt over and over again. The sound making me wince every time. We all watched as he slumped forward in pain yet kept his mouth glued shut. It was almost admirable how loyal he was to his people, but he wasn't someone I should be admiring at the moment.

      "Clarke, he's getting worse!" Raven informed to us from downstairs. She was trying to tend to keep Finn alive and contact the Ark for help. Apparently the knife that Finn was stabbed with was laced and Clarke couldn't identify it. The grounder was carrying around vials of unknown medicines and they were certain that he was carrying the antidote.

      "We're running out of time," Clarke rushed out, frowning deeply as she looked at the tortured grounder. For once, instead of thinking logically, Clarke was only focused on helping her 'so-called love'. Kneeling down to the vials, she craned her neck to look up at his bruised face. "Which one? Which one is it?" Her voice sounded so desperate as it cracked in the middle of her sentence. I couldn't help but stare down at her with pity. There was no way anyone could fix this but the grounder. I can't even imagine what she's feeling, to lose the one you love the most no matter what they've caused. "If you tell us they'll stop. Just please tell us which one is the antidote and they'll stop!"

      Octavia and I watch silently as we paced around the drop ship with our arms crossed. My once soft, innocent eyes seemed to harden as I watched this scene unfold. I've been raped, left all alone in a cell for my whole life, got knocked out by grounders twice, and had to lose Wells and Charlotte along the way. This seemed to be rock bottom.

      Bellamy throws the belt away angrily, making me and Lincoln jump back a bit. Steam seems to be blowing out of his ears as he states, "If this doesn't work, than maybe this will." His voice reminds me of thunder, threatening and alerting. I closed my eyes as I remembered his soothing, calming voice earlier. Chills ran down my spine like tiny spiders as I opened my eyes. Back to reality.

      "Clarke, you don't have to be here for this." Bellamy softly reminds her, showing off a dirty nail in his hand. I gulped as I eyed the nail, purposely ignoring the way he cared for Clarke's presence.

      "I am not leaving until I get that antidote." Clarke stated with her hands planted on her hips. Pure determination struck in her eyes as she looked at all of us, even me for a split second. Octavia and I shared a look of concern, knowing that Clarke was serious.

      With no remorse, we all watched as Bellamy dug the nail straight into the grounder's palm. My bottom lip wobbled as I released it between my teeth, tears gathering in my eyes as the grounder's eyes screwed shut in pain. He gasped from the pain as his chest heaved up and down. Bellamy left the nail inside of his shaky hand, and I screwed my eyes shut from the disturbing view.

      "What's taking so long?" Raven asked, climbing up the ladder as she observed the room. When her doe brown eyes landed on the grounder, pure hatred flooded her face as she analyzed him. "He stopped breathing."

      "What?" Clarke yelped, terror in her voice as she storms up to Raven. My eyes widened at the news, space-walker really died?

      "It started again but next time it might not." Raven remarked, eyeing the grounder as her voice turned spiteful.

      "He won't tell us anything," Clarke informed her with worried eyes.

      Raven searched around the room. "Wanna bet?" She asked. We all watched as she stormed up the some wires on the wall, and pulled them straight out with little strength.

"What are you doing?' Bellamy asked as the grounder grumbled about the sparks, backing up a bit. Grounders don't know what technology is or anything electrical, I thought as I watched Raven carefully.

      Raven sparked them together, frightening the grounder. "Showing him something new."

      "Raven no-" I yelled out but Clarke held me back as Raven slammed the exposed wires against his chest. I wiggled helplessly in her grip blindly, not wanting to see what I'm hearing. Grunts and wails echoes bounced off the walls and Raven stopped. "Which one is it? Come on! He's all I have!" Raven sobbed as she electrocuted him again out of anger. As the sound stopped once again I opened my eyes to see him face down from the new pain. He still never opened his mouth.

      "No more!" Octavia blurted out, holding up the poisoned knife in her hand. Tears clouded her beautiful eyes as she looked at everyone with disgust.

      "He's letting Finn die!" Raven retorted, tears streaming down her tan cheeks. My heart ached for her, she really did love him.

      Without saying anything, Octavia dug the tip of the blade down her arm, successfully drawing blood as it dripped down.

      "Octavia," I gasped as Bellamy ordered her to stop. What was she doing? Images of Octavia being in Finn's position flashed in my mind, and I felt my knees buckle underneath me. I couldn't lose her; I couldn't lose my best friend. I dropped from Clarke's grasp abruptly, falling right in front of her as I leaned against her legs for support. Tears streamed freely down my face, Octavia won't make it.

      She won't make it.

      She's leaving me with her brother Bellamy- who can be an ass. I can't deal with him without her.

      "He won't let me die," Octavia stated confidently, walking up to the grounder as he wiggled at the sight of her bleeding arm. Almost numbly she pointed the knife at each bottle, looking up at him for approval. Picking up a clear, almost honey looking, bottle. He hesitantly nodded his bruised face, making me smile through the tears. I let out a happy chuckle as I smiled through the tears; now knowing Octavia would live. Octavia hands the vial to Raven who gratefully took it down to Finn.

      Bellamy walked up to Octavia, trying to help her up. "Don't touch me!" She demanded angrily. I crawled over to her hurriedly, wanting to feel the warmth of her embrace that I already missed. As she wrapped her arms around me, I breathed out happily. Imagining a life without her is like a bird gone blind. She cried into my neck as I drew circles on her back, softly crying as well. I glanced up at the grounder who was looking at the both of us. Despite what just happened, my lips curved into a small smile. He didn't return it as his hard eyes looked over at us but I didn't let it bother me as I held onto Octavia.

I'm pissed off right now. It's 11:50 and I have a power point due tomorrow but the website won't work on my laptop and I'm the one who has to do the stinkin' project because everyone else in my group are slackers!