Breathe Me Part Three

"Lost myself and I

am no where to be found,

yeah, I think

that I might break,

lost myself

and I feel unsafe,

be my friend,

hold me

wrap me up,

unfold me

I am small,

I'm needy

warm me up,

and breathe me."

-Sia

Octavia's hands delicately collected strands of my blonde hair. Swiftly, she started braiding it behind my back quietly. No noise escaping us other than our tired sighs through our noses. It felt almost peaceful to have her doing this after the events that occurred today. The only reminder was that my body felt worn down and exhausted and the thoughts running through my mind. But I took the time in silence to bury the memories in the back of my mind. Still, I knew that this would forever be imprinted in my heart and mind.

Leaning my head back against Octavia's stiff legs with a soft sigh escaping my parted lips, I fluttered my eyes shut. Octavia softly hummed in appreciation as she continued. Once she was done, she redid it, and that process continued until she would be finally happy with her successful braid. Not only that, but she was also determined to get her mind cleared just like me. But it's hard to forget something when you keep trying to erase it.

I ran on my own for now. Desperately searching for the right people: anybody but Murphy and his gang. It wasn't hard to run away from him as his group held bright torches to guide them in the dark. Probably signaling to the grounders about their whereabouts too. His scratchy, coarse voice yelled manically into the dreary night air. Taunting for the younger girl to come out of her hiding spot. Like Hide N' Seek. This was all but a game to him.

After Clarke left with Finn and Charlotte and Bellamy left to confront the crowd, I stayed inside, glued. Glued to the ground. Should I go run after Charlotte, walk along the side of Bellamy, or go just leave on my own? I chose the only option I had left after I heard Murphy's voice drawing closer to the tent. I quickly escaped the tent to find Clarke, in hopes she'll let me help. The task didn't seem difficult at the time as I felt my legs run on their own. But as I slowed down I quickly remembered that I had no clue where I was, where they were, or how I would find my way back. But Murphy's voice was traumatizing enough to make me flee.

So here I was, stuck with in the middle of the dreaded forest.

"What was wrong with the last one?" I asked out of the blue, almost impatient as she undid her fifth braid. Quickly combing my locks with her slender fingers, snagging a couple knots, she smoothed it out with the palm of her hand before continuing with her sixth braid.

I felt her fingers never pause as she muttered, "I could've done better." I bit my lip at the short response, fluttering my eyes open to stare at the trees. So many god damn trees. Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would've gotten tired of seeing trees.

As Murphy's yells seemed to get louder, my search for the girl got sloppier as I pushed myself to run faster. My hair whipped in my face as I ran away from the torches, thinking that Clarke and the rest were smart enough to get Charlotte away from the glowing embers. But my body froze as the shrill scream of her voice broke out in the opposite direction I was heading in, "Murphy!" And to my fear, it was even closer the torches than I ever was.