Our Carnival of Rust

I decided, that I'd make this story with three pairings. So here's the prologue to pairing two. pairing three will come shortly. Also...these guys were in a short story I posted once xD

---

“You excited for tomorrow?”

I looked up at my roommate, Andre.  He was smiling at from across the table we sat at in the restaurant. He had been grinning a lot lately and the guy had a reason to be of course. It was going to be his one year anniversary with his girlfriend. A whole year…A whole year that I sat in silence and suffered through seeing him with someone else and being happy with that other person. It was such a shitty situation, but what could I say? I wanted him to be happy more than anything.

Besides, why was he asking me if I was excited? Wasn’t my anniversary! You’d think he’d be spending it alone too!

“It’s not my anniversary though, why would I be excited?” I smiled, trying to seem polite too. All I did was lie about how glad I was to see them doing well. Okay, so I was glad, but still…

Andre tilted his head at me, still keeping that grin plastered on his face, “But Den…It won’t be the same without you at that party.”

You certainly aren’t acting like you’re sad about that. I felt my mouth twitch, I didn’t want to stand there and watch the two be all over each other so then I could be filled with petty emotions and animosity towards the young girl. Why would I go? Honestly.

I loved him…I treasured him more than anything else. It sickened me to see some idiot lay all over him.

“I’m sorry.”

I really wasn’t.

His pocket vibrated and after checking his cellphone his smile grew and he stood up, “Sorry Den, gatta go, Alyssa’s callin’.”

An insane thought popped into my head as he started to turn, I quickly lunged over the table and took hold of his arm, dragging him forcibly back to me. I pressed my mouth to his, he grunted as our lips crashed together. I was sloppy, there was no denying it, but I had to do this quick. I couldn’t let him get away without realizing-

Andre pushed me back, gasping for air after the affection I had dared to show.

“I love you, Andre.” I made sure I did not stutter, now wasn’t a time to appear weak. Not during a confession, one I had kept secret for so long. “I really do…”

He stared dumbfounded at me; I could tell it wasn’t expected. My emotions had been so well hidden, until now of course.  A shade of pink came over his features, “Jayden, we’re in public.” He spoke to me in a hushed tone, yet the aggravation was clearly in there. “I’ll…Uhhh.” He turned sharply and ran out of the place. I sighed, glancing around now at our settings, of course everyone had to be watching us. It was my fault though; I did make it public…

I’d have to talk to him later…At our apartment.

…It was stupid, what I had just done. It went completely against my wish for us. I wished for us to remain for infinity. This would surely bring our demise.

I wanted him to know, that whenever he needed me I would be there, though now I suspected he felt all those hugs and words of assurance I uttered was simply so I could touch him, so I could get close to him.

Was he disgusted? It wouldn’t surprise me…He had a girlfriend, a girlfriend for a year.

I sighed; time to prepare myself for heartbreak…

The waitress, having too seen the scene quickly gave me the bill. I didn’t even bother to ask for change when I paid. I slipped outside, stumbling along the side walk as I walked to our home. Why? Why all the sudden did I just crack? I’d been able to keep everything so well hidden for so long…

I stopped to stare up at the sky, there was nothing to great me there, but a dark mass…The cities were known to never have stars. I sighed; of course everything would seem dark now…

The love was nothing more than unrequited, this was our carnival of rust.