Those Eyes

Sitting here, staring into those eyes I despised so much was pure torture. I could see it, in his eyes, just waiting for the time to strike at me. Those eyes, once sparking with such intensity now dead and empty, whenever they were looking down upon me or how they looked when they were getting to criticize my words, I remembered how they were before then, but it wouldn't make much difference now how it was. All they made me want to do was die; there was no way I could prove myself worthy before them.

You were more than a boy, my dear, you were the person I trusted most, cared for more than anyone. But you didn't feel the same towards me. We wanted to run away together. To be free from all that was holding us back from taking that next step towards our goal. We would ditch school to lie under the willow near Brook's pond. Lying under that tree, those were the best hours of my life, for that moment at least. Spending all that time, wasting it all away with you, now I see it wasn't worth missing out on friends and school. Learning who you really were was what did it, gazing into those eyes I finally noticed it, that hatred you held for anything and anyone. Now every time I gaze into them, all I want to do is die.

---

*Shrugs.*

English Essay, a very short one.