Diamond Eyes

• Dedicated to Uriko/Mother

Another birthday. And this one I have to say is very special. This was something I had written, but revised to hopefully make the point less confusing, there's no more to this, so...yeah.

But yeah, happy birthday to one of my Mothers, Uriko<33. Hope you like the present. ^-^

Love you, very much and hope you had a great birthday.

and there's a point in this story, buried in there. :3

---

It was getting harder, harder to breath. Harder to draw his breath in as he listened on, his mother’s words never connecting to their meanings in his head, his eyes of sea green unfocused. He felt as a machine, there was nothing inside of him but corks and screws, bolts, devoid of any emotion or feeling. He did as told… “Do as you’re told.” He blinked, his head nodding in agreement, locks of dark brown falling into his face, tickling his cheeks. He ignored this feeling as so many times before. ‘Ignore it all.’ He now focused his beautiful eyes on that face, the face of his mother who was telling him what to do today, “Be a good boy.” Wasn’t he always?

It was the time before school, between getting up and getting ready, the young man was about to sling his back pack over his slender shoulder and head out when his mother began, “Jacob, behave today. Do as teachers ask, don’t start anything and come straight home.” He had simply nodded his head; he was too obedient for a normal teenager. Like a puppet, a machine. ‘Corks and screws.’ Lately, Jacob had been thinking of this, at night before he was told to go to sleep. What made him listen to them? These people…Why did he stay quiet and just take it? Couldn’t he…Defy them? Just like those he’s seen in the parking lot before and after school. Those hormonal teenagers, screamed at their mom and dad to leave them alone…Did Jacob want that too?

His hand on the door, he sucked in a breath, it caught in his throat. Clenched jaw, he looked back to the woman, staring at her curly, dirty blonde strands, her bed head making her look slightly deranged, her blue eyes gentle, but also…Unwelcoming, cold. A soft, rounded face, young…She was only thirty, she had gotten pregnant at thirteen, the father had bailed, but she didn’t give up Jacob, no she kept him instead and she raised him like this, to not make mistakes as she did. Would he ever? Ever leave a girl with a child? He doubted that now, but…What would he be like in another family?

“Good-bye.” He whispered, heading out the door, slipping the other strap of his backpack over his shoulder, his eyes glowering down at his black dress shoes. ‘Always look presentable…Be sure to look neat.’ A sigh fell from those thin pale lips, one of his hands running through a crease on his white T-Shirt. ‘Look presentable.’ Did he listen for his mother? Did he listen because he was afraid he’d turn into her? A single parent with a child that seemingly felt nothing only did as instructed. A single parent…Had a bad sound to it. Really did.

Jacob stopped at the crossing before his high school, the seventeen year old was in eleventh grade this year, so far it had been a good year, he wasn’t popular, but he wasn’t a complete loner. There were a few people he talked to, people who were…Almost like him? Moderately good children, ones who wouldn’t drink or do drugs, but that didn’t stop them from going and having sex…That three letter word, it concerned Jacob…

Eyebrows furrowed, Jacob began his walk across the asphalt, the bottom of his shoes tapping almost soundlessly. ‘Do as you’re told. Do as you’re told’ those words, hissing at him from back in his mind. Did he want to rebel?

There came a screeching of tires, Jacob didn’t bother to look over since he had reached the curb, but when there was a scream of frustration he did turn. There, standing before a black Volvo, was a girl, Jacob felt his breath seize up in his throat. This girl…Her eyes of grey, sparkling with such intensity of the moment, sparkling as if they were diamonds, nothing else on her mattered, just those eyes, eyes burning so bright, Jacob had to know them…