My Hero

Happy Birthday Dearest~<3

---

Chimes…

My eyes flickered open; they beckoned me, those chimes…

I pushed myself up, I walked towards the sound.

I had to find the source of the enchanting music, it was so near sounded yet there was no instrument in sight.

They were ringing in my ears, those chimes.

My pace quickened, the music was calling to me, telling me to come closer, to find where it was. I ran through the cobblestone streets, the sound growling louder and louder as I ran through the crowded city.

I stumbled up the steps of the broken down building, wary of the rotten wood and the smell of damp cloth. I looked about, it was so dark, and bugs crept away under the floor boards at my loud steps.

There was a bright light, up ahead behind a cracked and beaten door.

I ventured near, pushing the door lightly so it wouldn’t fall, my eyes widened at the white light. I moved closer, pushing the door gently to the side as I strode near the light. I reached out, my fingers going through the light; I blinked, watching as it shifted about me like smoke.

The music was replaying itself, the same soft chimes. It was peaceful yet so…Frightening, this random music box, opened with a light pouring out, playing all on its own.

‘Take the box.’

A woman whispered;

I placed on hands on the cool metal, lifting the box up and peering into its shining depth.

Whispers called to me from beyond, whispers telling me of grand adventures, things yet to come. Things I would do, the hero I would become.

A hero.

The world was vanishing around me! I cried out, dropping the box instantly as the floor began to be torn away and open wide, light seeping out from the ground. But dropping the box did no good, the light surrounded me, clutching onto my small frame and ragged clothes, and it began to drag me into its depths.

I cried out, watching as the world disappeared into white.

The chimes.

I opened my eyes, staring into the white, those whispers, echoed in my ears, telling me of the hero I had yet to become.

---

If Anyone Could Be A Hero, It Would Be Liz.♥