XXXIV

Chloe would be the first to admit it: she did not act like a good girlfriend last night. She had been miserable during the night, tossing and turning in her sleep.

"Hey Red." Fat Amy motioned for Chloe to join her in the kitchen. Hesitantly, Chloe got up. Amy's voice sounded awfully serious for someone who was always joking around.

"You gotta talk to the big B M," Amy shook her head once Chloe was the only one within earshot. Obviously Chloe knew this, but she wondered why Amy, who hadn't seen what had gone down last night, thought so.

"What do you mean?" Chloe asked, faking innocence, though Amy seemed to see right through it.

"C'mon Red, I'm not blind, she was upset last night," Amy paused and shifted uncomfortably, "and she talks in her sleep." Chloe had never actually seen Fat Amy this disturbed, especially about being in one's personal space. "I didn't mean to be invasive." Amy looked around to make sure no Bella's were around. "She just seemed so vulnerable..." Amy trailed off.

"Amy?" Chloe interrupted the trance Amy had fallen into.

"Sorry, just talk to her will you?" Amy asked, almost desperate. Chloe nodded, checking her phone for the time: 8:32am. Even on her best day, Beca wouldn't be up until ten. Chloe, wearily, got in her car; she had to do something special. Her first stop was Sprinkles, the cupcake bakery about 30 minutes from campus. The cupcakes were amazing and so worth the drive. Chloe decided to get a dozen, worst case, the Bella's would devour them. Four vanilla, two chocolate, one pistachio (Chloe's favorite), three red velvet, and two cookies and cream. Chloe hoped Beca would find a favorite within the chosen flavors and shove it in her adorable face. Once she got back in town, Chloe checked her phone again: almost ten. Next, Chloe made her way to the local coffee shop. Beca's order was constant. She preferred to say her order was just a simple black coffee, but Chloe knew better. Overtime Chloe realized Beca always preferred stealing sips out of Chloe's to her actual drink. Chloe had refined Beca's preferences to a caramel macchiato with an extra shot of espresso, two pumps of hazelnut and a pump of chocolate. The complex order almost always caused the barista to give Chloe an icy glare. When she got back to the Bella's house it was ten to noon, and Chloe had to take a few trips. She figured twelve cupcakes, three coffees (yes, Beca still refused to take the girly drink without pretending to drink the black coffee), two gallons of ice cream (chocolate peanut butter and peppermint), and a hoard of movie musicals (Beca wouldn't admit it, but she loved them) earned her the right to three trips. Chloe figured the other girls knew what was going on, but she appreciated their digression.

"Bec?" Chloe whispered, pushing the door open. Beca snored lightly in response. Chloe smiled, walking over to Beca. She was so peaceful and innocent with her eyes gently shut, and a small smile on her face.

Beca was dreaming. She and Chloe were on the beach, a place Beca refused to admit she liked. Beca was waist deep in the water with Chloe paddling toward her in an inner tube.

"Hey Babe." Chloe grinned, pulling Beca into a kiss.

"Hey," Beca giggled, grinning. All of a sudden, Chloe flicked some water at Beca and within minutes they were having an all out water war. At least they were until Beca smelled the perfume. A sweet mixture of strawberry and vanilla overflowed Beca's senses. She felt a smile creep across her face as her state of unconsciousness shifted to consciousness. To Beca's pleasant surprise, she woke up to Chloe's beautiful face... then Beca remembered the previous night's events.

"I'm sorry." Both girls started, then giggled.

"Chlo, I'm sorry about last night; I shouldn't have acted like that." Beca smiled apologetically.

"Please," Chloe sat down on Beca's bed, the extra weight causing a dip in the bed and Beca's small body to roll toward Chloe. Chloe stifled a laugh, but Beca's 'huff' and pout made it difficult. "Beca, I should be the one apologizing." Chloe let her right hand brush Beca's cheek, causing a slight blush. Beca sat up, fatigued, taking in her surroundings, then she saw the pile sitting on the floor.

"Coffee? Cupcakes?" Beca was suddenly at full attention. Chloe's smile grew.

"And ice cream in the freezer and a stack of musical DVDs in my bedroom, just waiting to be watched." Beca almost dry-humped the woman, almost.

"Lets go!" Beca hoped out of her bed, grabbing the black coffee and her fru-fru drink. Chloe followed, taking her own coffee and the cupcakes. The two spent the rest of the day talking, eating cupcakes (which of course entailed Beca getting covered in frosting, Chloe cleaning off Beca's face, sometimes with her tongue, and Beca castigating Chloe for eating them wrong), watching musicals and eating ice cream. They even managed to work out some of their issues. Oh and there was quite a bit of making out too.