Camp

"Chloe!" No, No, No. That can't be the voice I think it is. Chloe thought rolling over in bed.

"C'mon squirt, we're going on an adventure." Chloe groaned. Without looking, Chloe knew that her mom, her brother Rick, probably her brother Gerry, and probably her step-dad Arthur were standing in her room.

"What kind of adventure?" Chloe grumbled, sitting up. "How'd you even get in here?" Chloe asked, knowing Aubrey would have warned her.

"Sorry Chlo," Aubrey's voice came from behind the monster that was her brother Gerry. Chloe nodded in understanding. No doubt her bulky brothers had pushed past Aubrey and burst into Chloe's bedroom.

"We're going to visit Camy!" Of course, how could Chloe have forgotten about Clara, her youngest half-sister, who peaked out from behind Rick. Chloe rolled her eyes, Campbell was going to some 'passion camp' in New England and they had a number of visiting days for family.

"I thought we were going in August." Chloe swung her legs out of bed.

"We decided to visit in June too, now c'mon Chloe." Her mom said in her razor sharp voice. Chloe flinched, knowing she had to obey.

"Why don't you guys come into the living room so Chlo can change, and I can get anyone coffee?" Aubrey offered, shooting Chloe an apologetic look.

"Fine. Chloe, pack three days cloths." Chloe's mom ordered, before turning and leading the pack into their small living area. Resentfully, Chloe started to pack clothing. It wasn't that she didn't like her half-sisters, but their father was so insufferable. Her parents had divorced when she was six and her mom got remarried when she was nine. Chloe had always known she was different, but soon after Campbell was born, and Chloe became a teenager, it really set in. Chloe crushed on people, no matter their gender, and wanted to love and be loved, a difficult task when your older brothers over shadow you until you're eleven and the last one moves out and your little sisters start overshadowing you at twelve, when the first one is born. At college, Chloe was a completely different person. Her family assumed that she was still with Tom. When she was a sophomore, she dated a girl, and both her mom and step-dad said that she was just in a 'dyke' phase and needed to 'snap the fuck out of it'. Her dad didn't seem to care though, but they didn't talk a lot. Tom helped then stop talking about the girl. Chloe felt guilty though; she pushed Beca to come out to her parents, when Chloe had only told her dad about Beca. It wasn't that Chloe hadn't come out, but her mom and step-dad just didn't believe her. The boys thought it was a joke too. The plane ride was miserable. Her parents talked; her brothers fooled around; her sister watched TV, which left Chloe to think. She shuffled her playlist, but even that seemed to be against her. Each time it flipped to a new song, it was one of Beca's mashups or "Party in the USA", or "Just the Way You Are", or "Titanium". Chloe groaned, irritated. Aubrey could only help so much and she couldn't talk to her mom because she was so homophobic and neither of her brothers ever took her seriously. The car ride to camp wasn't much better. It consisted of Clara talking nonstop and singing nonstop and both Gerry and Rick asking "are we there yet?" constantly. Chloe couldn't wait to check in once they got there.

"Okay!" The girl, who was probably around Chloe's age and was checking them in, chirped. "So, it looks like Campbell is Cabin Five, which means she's got free time right now, so" The girl continued to give directions, that Chloe tuned out as she wandered her eyes around the area. She was surprised her step-dad even let Campbell come here. The North was filled with liberal socialists who believed in feminism instead of God and would be America's downfall, according to him. Their legs were walking, but Chloe wasn't jolted out of her mindset until she caught a glimpse of a smile.

Beca. How did Chloe not realize the camp Beca was working at was the same Campbell was attending? In that moment, she totally forgot that they had fought; she just wanted to throw her arms around Beca, even if it was as friends.

"Camy!" Clara called the name of her sister, running ahead, causing Beca to turn. Both girls locked eyes, neither sure what to say.

Beca was entranced in Chloe's blue eyes, when, vaguely, she heard her name. Before she knew it, two muscular arms embraced her from the side. She staggered a little before realizing it was Tyler. "Ty! Why aren't you with your kids?" She wiggled out of his grip, breaking eye contact with the ginger. Tyler laughed.

"You know they don't trust me with kids." Tyler teased, as Campbell dragged a group of people, including Chloe, over to them.

"This is my favorite-ist counselor Beca." Campbell told the group. "Beca, this is my mom, my dad, my brothers Gerry and Rick, my sister Clara, and my sister Chloe" Beca's breath caught. No wonder Campbell reminded her of Chloe.

"Nice to meet you," Beca forced out the words and her hand, but her eyes didn't skirt far from Chloe. She met four hands, none of them Chloe's. "Cam, you know where you're taking them?" Beca turned to the young camper, who nodded and started to lead her parents and siblings, though Chloe hung back.

"New boy toy?" She asked Beca quietly, blushing a little. Beca laughed a little.

"No new, and only friend." Beca paused, "You see, I'm kind of hung up on this girl." She smiled shyly.

"Oh yeah?" Chloe tried not to sound too interested.

"Yeah," Beca sighed, "This beautiful redhead. She told me she loved me and stupidly, I didn't say it back." Beca's words caused Chloe's hair to stand up; she was extremely aware that their hands kept brushing.

"Saying I love you is a lot. She probably shouldn't have said it that soon." Chloe said, heart pounding.

"If she felt it, then it was the right thing to say." Beca tried to meet Chloe's eyes.

"Sorry for not texting sooner." Chloe whispered. Boldly, Beca took Chloe's hand into her own.

"It's not something I would want to do over text." Beca hesitated; Chloe looked up, meeting her eyes. "By the way Chlo, I love you." Beca bit her lip, whispering the last three words so quietly that Chloe could barely hear them.

"I love you too." Chloe whispered wanting desperately to pull the shorter girl into a kiss, but knowing better. "Damn," She sighed, "do I want to kiss you." Chloe smiled devilishly at Beca, who shook her head in dismay.

"I'm sure we can work something out." Beca leaned over, putting her mouth just millimeters away from Chloe's ear. "But wait, how are you Beale and she's Harper?" Beca changed the topic, still talking relatively quiet, so Chloe's parents wouldn't hear. They didn't seem to have the fuzziest relationship.

"Parents divorced when I was six, mom remarried when I was nine." Chloe shrugged, which prompted a very strange look from Beca.

"Yet you insisted the step-monster was my parent!" Beca pouted in the most adorable way. Chloe laughed softly.

"No, I insisted she was there when you came out, I said nothing of her being your parent." Chloe released Beca's hand just in time for her mom to turn around.

"The girls go to bed at like 8:30. I have to stay in the cabin, but you're welcome to come over." Beca whispered, so only Chloe could hear her, before leaving Campbell and her family to settle in the cabin.